• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Sotomayor 'Ricci' decision overturned

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,

Alexcabbie

imported post

Wow. This is - what? the FIFTH? -time SCOTUS has said that Sotomayor is basically full of crap and has everything all wrong?

But the Washington Post published a poll Sunday which said that, except for "conservative Republicans" a wide majority of citizens said that as a nominee for SCOTUS Sotomayor was "just about right". This makes me wonder how many of those responses were sarcasm.

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
imported post

Alexcabbie wrote:
Wow. This is - what? the FIFTH? -time SCOTUS has said that Sotomayor is basically full of crap and has everything all wrong?

But the Washington Post published a poll Sunday which said that, except for "conservative Republicans" a wide majority of citizens said that as a nominee for SCOTUS Sotomayor was "just about right". This makes me wonder how many of those responses were sarcasm.
Well the Washington (Com)Post is as racist as this woman's decision and affirmative action itself, which is perhaps the most racist crap foisted upon this nation. The most discriminated against single demographic group in America is white males and this is due primarily to AA.

Chaingun81

imported post

SouthernBoy wrote:
Alexcabbie wrote:

Well the Washington (Com)Post is as racist as this woman's decision and affirmative action itself, which is perhaps the most racist crap foisted upon this nation. The most discriminated against single demographic group in America is white males and this is due primarily to AA.

+10000000000000000000000

Seems that the "wise latina" in not all that wise... :banghead::cuss:

TFred

imported post

Very unfortunately, this is exactly the track record that Obama and the liberals of his mindset are looking for. They hate America as it exists now, and they don't see her rulings as wrong, but rather the 5 times her rulings were overturned as "the problem."

One of the basic definitions between right and left in this country is the distinction between "equal opportunity" and "equal results". The nation was founded on opportunity, and though there have obviously been some glitches along the way for some minority groups, you absolutely can't "fix" those past problems by dictating equal results with no regard to investment, skill, talent, motivation or just plain hard work.

This mindset is driving the country right into the ground. I pray it is not too late to stop and reverse in the next election. We very well may be witnessing the total destruction of the greatest nation in the history of mankind.

TFred

P.S. Take some time to read the decision and various opinions. What you won't read or hear in the mainstream media is that the company the city hired to create the test oversampled minorities who had already attained these higher positions, specifically so that the test would not be biased.

http://www.supremecourtus.gov/opinions/08pdf/07-1428.pdf

Alexcabbie

imported post

Remember that Obama once faulted the Constitution for "saying what government cannot do to you but not dictating what government must do for you". What he meant of course was rather not giving government the power to decide what's best for you, and enforcing it.

JosephMingle

imported post

I just can't believe where our country is going - and how fast it's traveling in the wrong direction. I am truly disappointed.