• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Tidewater July OC Dinner

darthmord

imported post

I agree. It's time for another one.

How about...

DATE: July 28th

TIME: 7pm

I'd suggest an OCDO dinner up on the peninsula but I don't know much about places up there that are reasonably close (less than 30 minutes to drive to). I only really know Norfolk & Virginia Beach.

BTW, from a friend of mine who hangs out at the Green Parrot Grill a lot... apparently the staff didn't like us OCing there for that dinner several months back. They felt it was bad for business and that alcohol should never be mixed with guns. He also said the owners are jerks toward some of the staff (based on his own observations).

I told him that it was a good thing that we weren't pouring any drinks (alcoholic or otherwise) in our guns then.

MSC 45ACP

imported post

darthmord wrote:
I agree. It's time for another one.

How about...

DATE: July 28th

TIME: 7pm

I'd suggest an OCDO dinner up on the peninsula but I don't know much about places up there that are reasonably close (less than 30 minutes to drive to). I only really know Norfolk & Virginia Beach.

BTW, from a friend of mine who hangs out at the Green Parrot Grill a lot... apparently the staff didn't like us OCing there for that dinner several months back. They felt it was bad for business and that alcohol should never be mixed with guns. He also said the owners are jerks toward some of the staff (based on his own observations).

I told him that it was a good thing that we weren't pouring any drinks (alcoholic or otherwise) in our guns then.

My USP 45 doesn't make a very good stir-stik anyway, but my AK sure would. May I play bartander and mix their drinks with that?

I don't drink anyway, but it sure would be amusing to see the expression on someone's face if you used a rifle to stir mixed drinks. :D

Too bad someone would lack a sense of humor and consider it brandishing, though... :(

wylde007

imported post

Darth, wanna make a new thread?

Tidewater Late-July OC Dinner
Tuesday, 28 July, 2009, 7 P.M.

I could make it. Mentioned it to the missus and she said she'd like to come and bring the little'un.

So, me +2?

darthmord

imported post

wylde007 wrote:
Darth, wanna make a new thread?

Tidewater Late-July OC Dinner
Tuesday, 28 July, 2009, 7 P.M.

I could make it. Mentioned it to the missus and she said she'd like to come and bring the little'un.

So, me +2?
I can. Or you can. I only added it here since the last time someone made a 2nd thread for a month, it generated some 'discussion' over proper OCDO ettiquette.

wylde007

imported post

Curious.

My concern would be that the tag under the thread title contains the date of the prior one, thereby representing a singularity.

This one, by benefit of being on a different date, deserves its own thread, I would presume.