• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Came across my first fellow OC'er out and about (and it was a female)

hugh jarmis

Centurion
imported post

lol small world!

The lasergrips are great. I intend to keep the Kimber with the lasergrips as my "bedside" gun

I felt weird shooting with the lasergrips. Almost like I had "bad form" since you don't have to look down the sights to aim. A few times I held the gun about halfway up in my normal stance and shot. Just totally weird to not have teh gun at eye level to aim.

AaronS

imported post

I am flat out in love with my Kimber TLE II, with C.T. laser grips. I don't carry it yet, but it is the best auto I have ever held. I also put C.T. laser grips on my five shot .38. It is like a new gun for me. To not have to aim is odd, and does take some time to get used to it.

Brass Magnet

Founder's Club Member
imported post

hugh jarmis wrote:
As for the retention holster/paddle. With the plastic barb that is on the bottom angled up, just the thick denim waist seam of the jeans catches that barb and keeps you from pulling the holster off. when she put it on I gave it a hard tug up and it didn't come off. Its a valid point though and later today when we go shooting I'm gong to make a point of tugging on it more to see how well it stays.

I'd like to second the fact that it's hard as heck to get a serpa paddle holster off. It takes me at least a minute to get it off when I'm wearing it and WANT it to come off.:D Those barbs hugh is talking about really stick in there and it's a two handed operation to get it removed from my pants. IMO, a belt definitely helps give the holster a more solid feel and makes the pistol easier to draw but without it, it's still hard to get the holster off.

hugh jarmis

Centurion
imported post

Those barbs hugh is talking about really stick in there and it's a two handed operation to get it removed from my pants
Yup, definitely. As long as you have jean/type pants on with the thick waist seam, it will catch very well and hold. With a belt even more. Its nearly impossible (without ripping your pants) to pull the holster off one handed. It really does take 2 hands.

Shotgun

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
imported post

hugh jarmis wrote:
Those barbs hugh is talking about really stick in there and it's a two handed operation to get it removed from my pants
Yup, definitely. As long as you have jean/type pants on with the thick waist seam, it will catch very well and hold. With a belt even more. Its nearly impossible (without ripping your pants) to pull the holster off one handed. It really does take 2 hands.
Yeah, it's a two-handed operation to get it removed from my pants too... oh wait, you're talking about holsters!

:p

Brass Magnet

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Shotgun wrote:
hugh jarmis wrote:
Yeah, it's a two-handed operation to get it removed from my pants too... oh wait, you're talking about holsters!

:p
Yup, we weren't talking about your leg.:lol:

joelm

imported post

Nicely done, Hugh's GF. One more place that we can OC-thanks for the heads-up.

Just bought my wife a SW Model 640 .38 Stainless 2" that came from CA with 2 grips (Pachmayr & original rosewood) & all the accoutrements: Uncle Mikes paddle, speed strips, as well as a gun rug and an inside-the-pocket holster, for WHEN, not if, CC becomes legal.

Shot it yesterday--shoots like a dream, err, a Smith. ;) A little heavier than the Airweights but very recoil absorbing. We'll be at Fletchers Friday nite so she can try it out.