• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Zoopa in Tukwila, & a silly question

Metalhead47

imported post

I'm picking up my mother-in-law at seatac on wednesday, and while I don't quite dare to in there yet I'll be OC the rest of the day as usual, but since I'll have company I'm hoping to avoid any "conversations." Saw one ok report on here, anyone else have any experience OCing at the Zoopa! next to southcenter?

Also, this probably sounds reeeeeeealy silly, but I am a n00b after all. What do y'all do, whether OC or CC, when you're at a tailor or elsewhere to get fitted for clothes?

Triple Tap

imported post

On this one, I would lock it in my car. I dont want to have to take it off and leave it in a dressing room while I am fitted. You cant have it on while fitted either.

Lante

imported post

I have found that tailors are normally really good about such things. (tailors see far more than guns under peoples clothing :shock: ). Generally the only questions I have been asked is about accessibility and how often I will be carrying in my new outfit. But having clothes tailored for your ability to carry makes CC far easier, and nicer. I have not ever asked about OC, although I am sure there are some clothing modifications which would be helpful.

Metalhead47

imported post

Lante wrote:
I have found that tailors are normally really good about such things. (tailors see far more than guns under peoples clothing :shock: ). Generally the only questions I have been asked is about accessibility and how often I will be carrying in my new outfit. But having clothes tailored for your ability to carry makes CC far easier, and nicer. I have not ever asked about OC, although I am sure there are some clothing modifications which would be helpful.
Well it's not anything that glamorous I'm afraid:cool:, just need new uniform slacks. But my uniform supplier also supplies most of the LE agencies in the area and is frequented by cops, so probably best not to step on any toes.

5jeffro7

imported post

Metalhead47 wrote:
Lante wrote:
Well it's not anything that glamorous I'm afraid:cool:, just need new uniform slacks. But my uniform supplier also supplies most of the LE agencies in the area and is frequented by cops, so probably best not to step on any toes.

I'm not picking on anyone, just stateing what I see, so please don't take offense:

by refusing to excersize your rights & thus not "step on toes", aren't you essentially saying that it is o.k. for your toes to be stepped on? personally, I think the demeanor of the board members is starting to rub off on me & I'd be tempted to go in carrying..if I got booted or talked down to, I'd simply take my business elsewhere..I'm sure that there are other places that would be more "gun friendly" that would welcome your business

JM2CW

Metalhead47

imported post

5jeffro7 wrote:
Metalhead47 wrote:
Lante wrote:

I'm not picking on anyone, just stateing what I see, so please don't take offense:

by refusing to excersize your rights & thus not "step on toes", aren't you essentially saying that it is o.k. for your toes to be stepped on? personally, I think the demeanor of the board members is starting to rub off on me & I'd be tempted to go in carrying..if I got booted or talked down to, I'd simply take my business elsewhere..I'm sure that there are other places that would be more "gun friendly" that would welcome your business

JM2CW
If it were just me & my wife, or maybe if I wasn't ordering slacks, I would carry in there. But I have company to pick up later and wouldn't want to leave them stranded at the apt while I'm being detained. Taking my business elsewhere isn't an option though, this is an employer-paid uniform allowance, this is the only vendor, and their items are specifically required :quirky

Hammer

imported post

Metalhead47 wrote:
5jeffro7 wrote:
Metalhead47 wrote:
Lante wrote:

JM2CW
If it were just me & my wife, or maybe if I wasn't ordering slacks, I would carry in there. But I have company to pick up later and wouldn't want to leave them stranded at the apt while I'm being detained. Taking my business elsewhere isn't an option though, this is an employer-paid uniform allowance, this is the only vendor, and their items are specifically required :quirky
Got a shoulder holster or something that won't get in the way of fitting?
I have a Tac vest and could wear that and have my pistol safe while my pants were off.
Just a suggestion. If this tailor deals with LE, this has to have come up for them before.

DEROS72

imported post

5jeffro7 wrote:
Metalhead47 wrote:
Lante wrote:

JM2CW
I shop at Blumenthal Uniforms for stuff all the time. OC .They have Holsters belts ,Lights mag holders just about eveything.I run into LEOS there everytime I go in and not one hes ever given mea hard time.In fact I have found most will defend our right to carry and have had great conversations there with LEO.Also since I do shop there I was evenable to convince them todonate a pair of 5-11 tactical pants as a prize for our upcoming July 18th meet.

sudden valley gunner

imported post

NavyLT wrote:
Why are we afraid of the police when we are engaging in perfectly legal behavior?

+1 And I refuse to be.

I carried at Seatac airport with no incidents but it was very breif picking up and dropping off mother and law. Helping get luggage back and forth.

Metalhead47

imported post

DEROS72 wrote:
I shop at Blumenthal Uniforms for stuff all the time. OC .They have Holsters belts ,Lights mag holders just about eveything.I run into LEOS there everytime I go in and not one hes ever given mea hard time.In fact I have found most will defend our right to carry and have had great conversations there with LEO.Also since I do shop there I was evenable to convince them todonate a pair of 5-11 tactical pants as a prize for our upcoming July 18th meet.
LOL how'd you guess that's where I'm talking about? I was looking forward to browsing the "cop stuff" anyway, but for some reason my employer won't let me buy holsters, mag pouches, & the like on their dime. Go figure.:quirky

NavyLT: I can only speak for myself of course, I OC just about every chance I get but admit there are times when it's more prudent to cover up, and these times are few & far between. My wife thinks the opposite about such prudence so we've been butting heads a bit since the Home Despot thing. Since it's her mother flying out from NY I'd rather not start the visit on a sour note with a LEO argument in Seatac, and at Blumenthals I just didn't know about the awkwardness of the situation.

Now when my mother flys up here next month, that's a completely different matter. She's much more fun to freak out:celebrate