• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

A pleasant evening (so far)

Washintonian_For_Liberty

imported post

FrayedString wrote:
I may have a new favorite hobby. Taking an evening walk through the park while OCing and reading OCDO forums on my iPhone. Highly recommended!
I hope your night goes better than mine did... at least they evetually let me go, but I'm seriously going to make an official complaint against them.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

FrayedString wrote:
I may have a new favorite hobby. Taking an evening walk through the park while OCing and reading OCDO forums on my iPhone. Highly recommended!
This would be inconsistent with being alert to your surroundings.

TechnoWeenie

imported post

Citizen wrote:
FrayedString wrote:

Ding!

sudden valley gunner

imported post

FrayedString wrote:
Citizen wrote:

So I can't occasionally glance at my phone while OCing? I'm not sure what you're picturing in your head, but it's not as if my phone was in front of my face constantly.
You can still be aware of your surroundings while doing other tasks. The whole point of open carry is doing what ever we normally do while carrying our weapons.

FunkTrooper

imported post

I commonly listen to my Ipod while walking and I still can spot snakes in the grass (literally) and hear people walking up behind me. Just because you open carry doesn't mean you can't be comfortable.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

FrayedString wrote:
Citizen wrote:
So I can't occasionally glance at my phone while OCing? I'm not sure what you're picturing in your head, but it's not as if my phone was in front of my face constantly.
I didn't say that. And, neither did you.

You said, "...and reading OCDO forums on my iPhone."

If you can read OCDO forums on your iPhone by occasionallyglancing at your phone, you are a better man than me.

But, I was being a bit unfair. Even I reada newspaperwhile eating out alone, on which occasions I am also usuallyOCing. I just make it a point tolook up and aroundevery little while. I imaginethat if a dimwit like me can do it, pretty much anybody else can, too.

I apologize for jumping to a conclusion.

sudden valley gunner

imported post

+1

I truly enjoy most of citizens posts, one reason I read Virginia forums although I have no connection. Well except direct family tree , both on my english/Irish side and my native side.

Yea I am always an aware person, but on occasion have found my self engrossed/immersed in something interesting.

FrayedString

imported post

Citizen wrote:
I just make it a point to look up and around every little while.

Indeed. I guess I didn't make it clear enough that I was actually walking at the same time, so quick glances to a highly zoomed in phone was all I was really capable of, otherwise I would have probably ended up flat on my face!

I apologize for jumping to a conclusion.

I apologize for not being more clear initially!