Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 100

Thread: Paranoid Americans

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    9

    Post imported post

    I came open this in another forum.
    (
    Originally Posted by Bobnz True, from event at the Capitol - Texas - Stories From The States - OpenCarry.org - Discussion Forum
    "...as I'm visiting the inlaws in New Zealand and miss having my firearm. You don't realize how much you miss it until you're in a place where only the bad guys have one. I'm constantly at Threat Level Orange"
    In case any NZ'ers are wondering, Threat Level Orange is where you are at risk of a damaging attack by marauding oranges. )

    The bad guys in NZ have pistols ? since when ?
    Or was the above statement just normal paranoia from those who need a firearm to be fully dressed ?

    Oh, a word of warning, never try and sneak a pistol into NZ to carry concealed, if it is seen you will have the armed offenders squad out to see you.
    And yes, they are armed with assault type rifles.
    USA firearm laws do not apply in NZ, as much as it may surprise some.

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Texas, United States
    Posts
    130

    Post imported post

    My wife lives in Nz for now and I've been there 3 times this year. I miss my firearm every time I go.

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    9

    Post imported post

    forever_frost wrote:
    My wife lives in Nz for now and I've been there 3 times this year. I miss my firearm every time I go.
    Why do you miss your firearm ?
    NZ does not have muggers armed with firearms.


  4. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Eden, Utopian States Assembled, ,
    Posts
    24

    Post imported post

    nzrugby wrote:
    NZ does not have muggers armed with firearms.
    Prove it. Until it's proven, wise people go armed.

  5. #5
    Campaign Veteran
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Virginia, , USA
    Posts
    311

    Post imported post

    nzrugby wrote:
    forever_frost wrote:
    My wife lives in Nz for now and I've been there 3 times this year. I miss my firearm every time I go.
    Why do you miss your firearm ?
    NZ does not have muggers armed with firearms.
    If that is so then why is your police force armed?

    Here ya go, http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q...mp;oq=&aqi=

  6. #6
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Pierce is a Coward, ,
    Posts
    1,100

    Post imported post

    nzrugby wrote:
    I came open this in another forum.
    (
    Originally Posted by Bobnz True, from event at the Capitol - Texas - Stories From The States - OpenCarry.org - Discussion Forum
    "...as I'm visiting the inlaws in New Zealand and miss having my firearm. You don't realize how much you miss it until you're in a place where only the bad guys have one. I'm constantly at Threat Level Orange"
    In case any NZ'ers are wondering, Threat Level Orange is where you are at risk of a damaging attack by marauding oranges. )

    The bad guys in NZ have pistols ? since when ?
    Or was the above statement just normal paranoia from those who need a firearm to be fully dressed ?

    Oh, a word of warning, never try and sneak a pistol into NZ to carry concealed, if it is seen you will have the armed offenders squad out to see you.
    And yes, they are armed with assault type rifles.
    USA firearm laws do not apply in NZ, as much as it may surprise some.
    New Zealand, another country where the gun laws suck, but the people are far freer than America, and where the cops don't beat the crap out of people.

  7. #7
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    , , Zimbabwe
    Posts
    114

    Post imported post

    babs streisand tole yu

    lived there propuganda

    lol well said no one

  8. #8
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Rockingham, North Carolina, USA
    Posts
    861

    Post imported post

    Americans and especially Texans are made fun ofby the world medias as part of the gun control propaganda . Thought control of the masses within such countries is easy to identify for the truly free . Has anyone ever figured out how Caine killed Able ? What is the address for Nirvana , Utopia ? Why do the police carry guns ?Have the spoons that made Rosie O'Donnell fatbeen outlawed ? Why do the elite get to have bodyguards with guns ? Isn't my life important enough to be defended ?

    Meganoid = You know that bad exists and that you can choice to defend from it if need be .

    Peace through strength , peace through strength is the meaning of the olive branches and the arrows held in the eagles claws of the Great American Seal .

    Be in the know and choose your own labels like :freedom and liberty .

    Don't be a sick paranoid be a well balanced healthyprepared meganoid .



  9. #9
    Regular Member Flintlock's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Alaska, USA
    Posts
    1,224

    Post imported post

    smoking357 wrote:
    New Zealand, another country where the gun laws suck, but the people are far freer than America, and where the cops don't beat the crap out of people.
    I am going to have to call BS on that one. There have been studies done that suggest that NZ is slightly freer economically, but even that is refuted by some.

    http://www.westga.edu/~bquest/2000/nzealand.html

    Their taxes are as much or higher, they have socialized medicine, half of the parliment is appointed -not elected, they have higher fuel costs, welfare is as much or more lucritve, and they have horrific gun laws.


    Peace through superior firepower

    Luke 11:21
    "When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed.

  10. #10
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Pierce is a Coward, ,
    Posts
    1,100

    Post imported post

    Flintlock wrote:
    smoking357 wrote:
    New Zealand, another country where the gun laws suck, but the people are far freer than America, and where the cops don't beat the crap out of people.
    I am going to have to call BS on that one. There have been studies done that suggest that NZ is slightly freer economically, but even that is refuted by some.

    http://www.westga.edu/~bquest/2000/nzealand.html

    Their taxes are as much or higher, they have socialized medicine, half of the parliment is appointed -not elected, they have higher fuel costs, welfare is as much or more lucritve, and they have horrific gun laws.

    So? I pay massive taxes; I live in a country where the most "American" are unskilled in reading and writing in their own language, and I continually have to worry about a domestic army, a million strong, who can kill me with impunity.

    I'll take the Kiwis, any day, over this. Great weather, too.

  11. #11
    Regular Member Flintlock's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Alaska, USA
    Posts
    1,224

    Post imported post

    smoking357 wrote:
    So? I pay massive taxes; I live in a country where the most "American" are unskilled in reading and writing in their own language, and I continually have to worry about a domestic army, a million strong, who can kill me with impunity.

    I'll take the Kiwis, any day, over this. Great weather, too.
    Ok. Are you moving there?

    If not,you seem verypassionate about your reasons to bail. What is stopping you?


    Peace through superior firepower

    Luke 11:21
    "When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed.

  12. #12
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    az, ,
    Posts
    685

    Post imported post

    smoking357 wrote:
    and I continually have to worry about a domestic army, a million strong, who can kill me with impunity.
    lol your joking right?

  13. #13
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    9,193

    Post imported post

    r6-rider wrote:
    smoking357 wrote:
    and I continually have to worry about a domestic army, a million strong, who can kill me with impunity.
    lol your joking right?
    He needn't be. Regular cops number 850,000 and are seldom prosecuted for killing subjects. Add the special federal internal armed forces - BATFEDHSICE - and the number is easily a million killing with impunity.

  14. #14
    Regular Member Sonora Rebel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Gone
    Posts
    3,958

    Post imported post

    NZ is an island. Well... a couple islands. Islands have obvious limitations. Lord of the Rings was filmed there. Well... Bye!

  15. #15
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    az, ,
    Posts
    685

    Post imported post

    Doug Huffman wrote:
    r6-rider wrote:
    smoking357 wrote:
    and I continually have to worry about a domestic army, a million strong, who can kill me with impunity.
    lol your joking right?
    He needn't be. Regular cops number 850,000 and are seldom prosecuted for killing subjects. Add the special federal internal armed forces - BATFEDHSICE - and the number is easily a million killing with impunity.
    you guys act like the military is abunch of emotionless robots. i do not know anyone who would carry out an order to kill American civilians unless they posed an immediate threat to their life. example - shooting at them, throwing some type of explosive, charging vehicles

  16. #16
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Pierce is a Coward, ,
    Posts
    1,100

    Post imported post

    r6-rider wrote:
    you guys act like the military is abunch of emotionless robots. i do not know anyone who would carry out an order to kill American civilians unless they posed an immediate threat to their life. example - shooting at them, throwing some type of explosive, charging vehicles
    The police army unjustifiably kills Americans, every day.




  17. #17
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Pierce is a Coward, ,
    Posts
    1,100

    Post imported post

    Flintlock wrote:
    If not,you seem verypassionate about your reasons to bail. What is stopping you?
    New Zealand has somewhat restrictive immigration laws.

  18. #18
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Walton County, Georgia, ,
    Posts
    475

    Post imported post

    nzrugby wrote:
    forever_frost wrote:
    My wife lives in Nz for now and I've been there 3 times this year. I miss my firearm every time I go.
    Why do you miss your firearm ?
    NZ does not have muggers armed with firearms.
    Oh pardon me. I thought that all muggers were bad, not just the ones with firearms. My mistake.

  19. #19
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    az, ,
    Posts
    685

    Post imported post

    smoking357 wrote:
    The police army unjustifiably kills Americans, every day.
    police army? can you explain this random killing of innocent people that i never hear about?

  20. #20
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    9,193

    Post imported post

    smoking357 wrote:
    New Zealand has somewhat restrictive immigration laws.
    Really? Citation please.

    I found restrictions on refugee immigration to NZ but none for Americans that are in-country or out.

  21. #21
    Campaign Veteran
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
    Posts
    1,413

    Post imported post

    r6-rider wrote:
    smoking357 wrote:
    The police army unjustifiably kills Americans, every day.
    police army? can you explain this random killing of innocent people that i never hear about?
    http://beta-www.lasvegassun.com/news...ng-identified/

    This man was gunned down for JAYWALKING while openly carrying.

  22. #22
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Walton County, Georgia, ,
    Posts
    475

    Post imported post

    r6-rider wrote:
    smoking357 wrote:
    The police army unjustifiably kills Americans, every day.
    police army? can you explain this random killing of innocent people that i never hear about?
    You asked.

    http://www.cato.org/raidmap/

    That link has a map of some no-knock raids, many resulting in casualty and many for non-violent offenses.

  23. #23
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    az, ,
    Posts
    685

    Post imported post

    hmm so this is really about cops? my bad i just saw the word army and got a little excited. yea cops can get a little trigger happy sometimes

  24. #24
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    az, ,
    Posts
    685

    Post imported post

    lol of course it has to be referred as "para-military" raids

  25. #25
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Walton County, Georgia, ,
    Posts
    475

    Post imported post

    The police are paramilitary. Besides, the issue is with them dressing up like SWAT (masks and tacticool gear) and busting into houses unannounced for crimes that do not match the response.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •