• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Paranoid Americans

nzrugby

imported post

I came open this in another forum.
(
Originally Posted by Bobnz True, from event at the Capitol - Texas - Stories From The States - OpenCarry.org - Discussion Forum
"...as I'm visiting the inlaws in New Zealand and miss having my firearm. You don't realize how much you miss it until you're in a place where only the bad guys have one. I'm constantly at Threat Level Orange"

In case any NZ'ers are wondering, Threat Level Orange is where you are at risk of a damaging attack by marauding oranges.
biggrin.gif
)

The bad guys in NZ have pistols ? since when ?
Or was the above statement just normal paranoia from those who need a firearm to be fully dressed ?

Oh, a word of warning, never try and sneak a pistol into NZ to carry concealed, if it is seen you will have the armed offenders squad out to see you.
And yes, they are armed with assault type rifles.
USA firearm laws do not apply in NZ, as much as it may surprise some.

nzrugby

imported post

forever_frost wrote:
My wife lives in Nz for now and I've been there 3 times this year. I miss my firearm every time I go.
Why do you miss your firearm ?
NZ does not have muggers armed with firearms.

Dispatcher

Campaign Veteran

smoking357

Banned
imported post

nzrugby wrote:
I came open this in another forum.
(
Originally Posted by Bobnz True, from event at the Capitol - Texas - Stories From The States - OpenCarry.org - Discussion Forum
"...as I'm visiting the inlaws in New Zealand and miss having my firearm. You don't realize how much you miss it until you're in a place where only the bad guys have one. I'm constantly at Threat Level Orange"
In case any NZ'ers are wondering, Threat Level Orange is where you are at risk of a damaging attack by marauding oranges.
biggrin.gif
)

The bad guys in NZ have pistols ? since when ?
Or was the above statement just normal paranoia from those who need a firearm to be fully dressed ?

Oh, a word of warning, never try and sneak a pistol into NZ to carry concealed, if it is seen you will have the armed offenders squad out to see you.
And yes, they are armed with assault type rifles.
USA firearm laws do not apply in NZ, as much as it may surprise some.
New Zealand, another country where the gun laws suck, but the people are far freer than America, and where the cops don't beat the crap out of people.

R a Z o R

Banned
imported post

Americans and especially Texans are made fun ofby the world medias as part of the gun control propaganda . Thought control of the masses within such countries is easy to identify for the truly free . Has anyone ever figured out how Caine killed Able ? What is the address for Nirvana , Utopia ? Why do the police carry guns ?Have the spoons that made Rosie O'Donnell fatbeen outlawed ? Why do the elite get to have bodyguards with guns ? Isn't my life important enough to be defended ?

Meganoid = You know that bad exists and that you can choice to defend from it if need be .

Peace through strength , peace through strength is the meaning of the olive branches and the arrows held in the eagles claws of the Great American Seal .

Be in the know and choose your own labels like :freedom and liberty .

Don't be a sick paranoid be a well balanced healthyprepared meganoid .

Flintlock

imported post

smoking357 wrote:
New Zealand, another country where the gun laws suck, but the people are far freer than America, and where the cops don't beat the crap out of people.

I am going to have to call BS on that one. There have been studies done that suggest that NZ is slightly freer economically, but even that is refuted by some.

http://www.westga.edu/~bquest/2000/nzealand.html

Their taxes are as much or higher, they have socialized medicine, half of the parliment is appointed -not elected, they have higher fuel costs, welfare is as much or more lucritve, and they have horrific gun laws.

smoking357

Banned
imported post

Flintlock wrote:
smoking357 wrote:

I am going to have to call BS on that one. There have been studies done that suggest that NZ is slightly freer economically, but even that is refuted by some.

http://www.westga.edu/~bquest/2000/nzealand.html

Their taxes are as much or higher, they have socialized medicine, half of the parliment is appointed -not elected, they have higher fuel costs, welfare is as much or more lucritve, and they have horrific gun laws.
So? I pay massive taxes; I live in a country where the most "American" are unskilled in reading and writing in their own language, and I continually have to worry about a domestic army, a million strong, who can kill me with impunity.

I'll take the Kiwis, any day, over this. Great weather, too.

Flintlock

imported post

smoking357 wrote:
So? I pay massive taxes; I live in a country where the most "American" are unskilled in reading and writing in their own language, and I continually have to worry about a domestic army, a million strong, who can kill me with impunity.

I'll take the Kiwis, any day, over this. Great weather, too.

Ok. Are you moving there?

If not,you seem verypassionate about your reasons to bail. What is stopping you?

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
imported post

r6-rider wrote:
smoking357 wrote:
and I continually have to worry about a domestic army, a million strong, who can kill me with impunity.
lol your joking right?
He needn't be. Regular cops number 850,000 and are seldom prosecuted for killing subjects. Add the special federal internal armed forces - BATFEDHSICE - and the number is easily a million killing with impunity.

Sonora Rebel

imported post

NZ is an island. Well... a couple islands. Islands have obvious limitations. Lord of the Rings was filmed there. Well... Bye!

r6-rider

imported post

Doug Huffman wrote:
r6-rider wrote:
smoking357 wrote:
and I continually have to worry about a domestic army, a million strong, who can kill me with impunity.
lol your joking right?
He needn't be. Regular cops number 850,000 and are seldom prosecuted for killing subjects. Add the special federal internal armed forces - BATFEDHSICE - and the number is easily a million killing with impunity.
you guys act like the military is abunch of emotionless robots. i do not know anyone who would carry out an order to kill American civilians unless they posed an immediate threat to their life. example - shooting at them, throwing some type of explosive, charging vehicles

smoking357

Banned
imported post

r6-rider wrote:
you guys act like the military is abunch of emotionless robots. i do not know anyone who would carry out an order to kill American civilians unless they posed an immediate threat to their life. example - shooting at them, throwing some type of explosive, charging vehicles
The police army unjustifiably kills Americans, every day.

pba-nypd-support-our-troops.jpg

N00blet45

imported post

nzrugby wrote:
forever_frost wrote:
My wife lives in Nz for now and I've been there 3 times this year. I miss my firearm every time I go.
Why do you miss your firearm ?
NZ does not have muggers armed with firearms.
Oh pardon me. I thought that all muggers were bad, not just the ones with firearms. My mistake.

r6-rider

imported post

smoking357 wrote:
The police army unjustifiably kills Americans, every day.
police army? can you explain this random killing of innocent people that i never hear about?