Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Web Site Problems

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

I cannot access this site from my home computer, it tells me it can't reach the site and I can't ping it. I have to connect from another computer or through a proxy.

I use Cox cable modem and their support said they can reach the site so it's a problem on my computer.

Does this site have IP filters that might have mistaken one of my posts for spam and locked me out?

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

Weird...

Pinging mywowbb.com [69.16.220.225] with 32 bytes of data:
    Reply from 69.16.220.225: bytes=32 time=81ms TTL=56

Pinging opencarry.mywowbb.com [69.16.220.29] with 32 bytes of data:
    Request timed out.

When I redirect opencarry.mywowbb.com to 127.0.0.1 and proxy localhost web connections through an off-net server, I can reach this site, thus my posts. But I can't reach it directly. Anyone else having problems through Cox? This started some time Monday Jun 29.

Tim

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

Maybe a load balancer issue? The hop immediately preceding this web server is apparently a load balancer or other source-routed mechanism. Taking a similar path through the net, from two different networks:

When I can reach the site, I'm routed through 209.59.157.218 (lw-dc2-sec1-dist1-po2.rtr.liquidweb.com). When I can't reach the site, I'm routed through 209.59.157.130 (lw-dc2-sec1-dist2-po2.rtr.liquidweb.com)

Post imported post

I'm having problems too, couldn't access it from my phone yesterday, and today there are no borders around anything.

Kinda hard to read.

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

STILL having issues, any tech support guys around that can help?

Banned

Post imported post

I've been having issues too. I have AT&T DSL at homeand a T1 line at work, different IP's as well (obviously), both are having problems.

Post imported post

I have Cox too and a Mac and never have a problem here ?
    Not a computer whiz lol
    S/F Vic

Post imported post

https://www.opendns.com/start/

Set this up on your computer and see if makes a difference.

Post imported post

I get the site fine from home, CCCOMM.NET in Fallon, but have heard of others on different ISPs having trouble.
    "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

Post imported post

I thought my IP Address had been blocked by the mods. I have no problems at home but at work I cannot reach the site through my normal connection. However I can use one of my other PC's and it will be fine. I moved the connection on my regular PC from behind the firewall to in front of it and it worked fine. Very strange.

Post imported post

I have the same problem from work too. Not only with this site but http://www.vaguntrader.com which uses the same back end hosting service. I've emailed the hosting service twice and things magically start working again...

Post imported post

Same problem here in WA, all home 3computers will not work, but I have no problem at work, poor husband is going through OCwithdrawl , guess he will have to leave the house and use a diff computer

Post imported post

Same problem here In New Mexico I use AT&T dsl
    A gun Owner Is A Citizen
    Anyone Else is a Subject

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

swatspyder wrote:
    https://www.opendns.com/start/

Set this up on your computer and see if makes a difference.
    No, their nameservers resolve the same IP for this site (albeit a lot quicker). It made no difference.

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

I have contacted LiquidWeb technical support and after going back and forth a little received this reply:

I have checked the router and can tell you with certainty it is the server itself that is not responding. We will need to be contacted by the customer in order to make any changes to their server. Thanks again for the report though.
    So, it looks like whoever runs the server, not the actual network, has the issue. Now, who knows how to get a hold of the site admins?

Tim

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

YAY! Looks fixed.

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

I wish Mark or someone else would chime in here. I've been having problems, off and on, for upwards of a month.

Sometimes I get the Mywowbb general error page, sometimes I'd just get a "server not responding" error. But when I access with, say, my cell phone, or via an anonymous proxy, it works just fine.

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

I can access ocdo forums from work but cannot access the forums from home (I can get the ocdo home page, store, links etc). I have no problem accessing vaguntrader from home.

Post imported post

This is the first time I have been able to log in since I got time out errors Monday night. Because of new topic email notifications I was able to read this thread and now others are having issues. I emailed mywowbb with trace information and problem description last night after reading all this. I had already tried openDNS and several other things to make sure the problem was not on my end. Sadly, the frequency of wowbb hiccups and off line times caused me not to be to surprised at first.

Whatever the issue I'm glad to be back.
    Bob Owens @ Bearing Arms (paraphrased): "These people aren't against violence; they're very much in favor of violence. They're against armed resistance."

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

I was monitoring periodically this morning. The problem was resolved some time between 01:30 and 02:41 PST.

Regular Member Washintonian_For_Liberty's Avatar

Post imported post

sounds like the work of a DDoS attack.... we do have enemies... they probably decided to get some zombie computers to do continual page access attempts, which would mean some would be blocked from access while others would connect and stay connected. As long as you kept a window open and connected to the forum, you would likely keep a channel open for you, while anyone else trying to access the site would get a 404 error.
    Associate with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for it is better to be alone than in bad company. ~ George Washington

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

Washintonian_For_Liberty wrote:
    sounds like the work of a DDoS attack.... we do have enemies... they probably decided to get some zombie computers to do continual page access attempts, which would mean some would be blocked from access while others would connect and stay connected. As long as you kept a window open and connected to the forum, you would likely keep a channel open for you, while anyone else trying to access the site would get a 404 error.
    Actually, these symptoms aren't what I experienced.

There are apparently two routers attached to this web server. In some routing decision, some sessions get to the server via Router 1, and some sessions get to the server via Router 2:

209.59.157.218 (lw-dc2-sec1-dist1-po2.rtr.liquidweb.com)
    209.59.157.130 (lw-dc2-sec1-dist2-po2.rtr.liquidweb.com)

Those going through Router 1 were able to access the site and it was responsive with no sluggishness or errors.

Those going through Router 2 were unable to get the server to respond. I saw half-open (SYN_SENT) sessions on my end indicating the server was not getting my SYNchronize request, or it's reply was unable to get back to me. At no time did I receive a 404 (file not found) error.

I provide these details not to correct you, but rather, to provide additional information that will hopefully be useful to site admins in troubleshooting the issue.

Tim

Regular Member Washintonian_For_Liberty's Avatar

Post imported post

timf343 wrote:
    Washintonian_For_Liberty wrote:
    Actually, these symptoms aren't what I experienced.

There are apparently two routers attached to this web server. In some routing decision, some sessions get to the server via Router 1, and some sessions get to the server via Router 2:

209.59.157.218 (lw-dc2-sec1-dist1-po2.rtr.liquidweb.com)
    209.59.157.130 (lw-dc2-sec1-dist2-po2.rtr.liquidweb.com)

Those going through Router 1 were able to access the site and it was responsive with no sluggishness or errors.

Those going through Router 2 were unable to get the server to respond. I saw half-open (SYN_SENT) sessions on my end indicating the server was not getting my SYNchronize request, or it's reply was unable to get back to me. At no time did I receive a 404 (file not found) error.

I provide these details not to correct you, but rather, to provide additional information that will hopefully be useful to site admins in troubleshooting the issue.

Tim
    In that case, there are two possibilities:

1. the router is at fault and could not process all packets or was dropping packets for some reason.

2. A DDoS attack was causing most packets to get dropped.

since I have no access to the hardware to confirm this theory, it will have to be up to those with the access to make the determination.
    Associate with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for it is better to be alone than in bad company. ~ George Washington

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

I had problems accessing the forums as well. Emailed John to see if there was tech problems on Tuesday. He had said the Server was having router problems and were working on it.

I, too, had the thought of sinister plots to disrupt our communications network cross my mind. :what:

But this event caused me to notice something else. Don't know I hadn't seen it before now. I have been subscribed to recieve the Townhall daileys and CNSNews headlines in my email. They've stopped coming. they seemed to stop after my Internet provider switched it's email service over to Googles Gmail, about a month and a half ago. The other night I went to the online server to do some checking. I found 22 emails in the spam folder, most of them were emails from conservative sources, like RNC. I didn't set any filters for this. A few days ago I started getting the Townhall stuff in my hotmail email. I didn't make any changes for this and don't know how it could have been switched.

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

Site is having the same issues again.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast