• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Web Site Problems

timf343

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I cannot access this site from my home computer, it tells me it can't reach the site and I can't ping it. I have to connect from another computer or through a proxy.

I use Cox cable modem and their support said they can reach the site so it's a problem on my computer.

Does this site have IP filters that might have mistaken one of my posts for spam and locked me out?

timf343

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Weird...

Pinging mywowbb.com [69.16.220.225] with 32 bytes of data:
Reply from 69.16.220.225: bytes=32 time=81ms TTL=56

Pinging opencarry.mywowbb.com [69.16.220.29] with 32 bytes of data:
Request timed out.

When I redirect opencarry.mywowbb.com to 127.0.0.1 and proxy localhost web connections through an off-net server, I can reach this site, thus my posts. But I can't reach it directly. Anyone else having problems through Cox? This started some time Monday Jun 29.

Tim

timf343

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Maybe a load balancer issue? The hop immediately preceding this web server is apparently a load balancer or other source-routed mechanism. Taking a similar path through the net, from two different networks:

When I can reach the site, I'm routed through 209.59.157.218 (lw-dc2-sec1-dist1-po2.rtr.liquidweb.com). When I can't reach the site, I'm routed through 209.59.157.130 (lw-dc2-sec1-dist2-po2.rtr.liquidweb.com)

thx997303

imported post

I'm having problems too, couldn't access it from my phone yesterday, and today there are no borders around anything.

Kinda hard to read.

AWDstylez

Banned
imported post

I've been having issues too. I have AT&T DSL at homeand a T1 line at work, different IP's as well (obviously), both are having problems.

PT111

imported post

I thought my IP Address had been blocked by the mods. I have no problems at home but at work I cannot reach the site through my normal connection. However I can use one of my other PC's and it will be fine. I moved the connection on my regular PC from behind the firewall to in front of it and it worked fine. Very strange.

esstac-girly

imported post

Same problem here in WA, all home 3computers will not work, but I have no problem at work, poor husband is going through OCwithdrawl , guess he will have to leave the house and use a diff computer;)

timf343

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I have contacted LiquidWeb technical support and after going back and forth a little received this reply:

I have checked the router and can tell you with certainty it is the server itself that is not responding. We will need to be contacted by the customer in order to make any changes to their server. Thanks again for the report though.
So, it looks like whoever runs the server, not the actual network, has the issue. Now, who knows how to get a hold of the site admins?

Tim

zigziggityzoo

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I wish Mark or someone else would chime in here. I've been having problems, off and on, for upwards of a month.

Sometimes I get the Mywowbb general error page, sometimes I'd just get a "server not responding" error. But when I access with, say, my cell phone, or via an anonymous proxy, it works just fine.

kaiheitai17

Founder's Club Member
imported post

I can access ocdo forums from work but cannot access the forums from home (I can get the ocdo home page, store, links etc). I have no problem accessing vaguntrader from home.

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

This is the first time I have been able to log in since I got time out errors Monday night. Because of new topic email notifications I was able to read this thread and now others are having issues. I emailed mywowbb with trace information and problem description last night after reading all this. I had already tried openDNS and several other things to make sure the problem was not on my end. Sadly, the frequency of wowbb hiccups and off line times caused me not to be to surprised at first.

Whatever the issue I'm glad to be back.