Thread: Where to shoot?

Post imported post

With a number of gun ranges not allowing individuals to openly carry their guns into the range and draw from a holster to shoot, where do you practice shooting, open carry style (draw gun, draw magazine, slide magazine, rack slide, and shoot)?

Post imported post

San Diego Police Range. I-805 @ Federal. $10 for all day. The main range is not set up for combat style shooting, but the 2 pistol ranges on the east end are. If you are a certified RSO or Pistol Instructor you can use the pistol ranges (if not already reserved by one of the schools that train and qualify security officers). If not, bring one with you.

Post imported post

So if I don't have a trainer or LEO, I can't? Don't they have range masters?

Post imported post

No, but there are some guys, like me, who volunteer to serve as RSO for groups or individuals who want to shoot. The problem is reserving a pistol range. They are booked up almost every Saturday and I am not available on Sunday.

You might look into joining a gun club. Lemon Grove Rod and Gun Club has a range out off Japatul Valley Rd., and South Bay Rod and Gun Clubhas one out in Dulzura.

Post imported post

Thanks.