• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Bayview Compass ask about OC

bnhcomputing

Founder's Club Member
imported post

I hosted an Open Carry Picnic in La Crosse County Wisconsin on May 17, 2009. We had all ages from retired to infant, and every ethnic group represented. Of the 200 attendees, 99 were armed with holstered firearms.

Tim Mackay, "It sounds really unfriendly." There were no fights, no insults, no arguments, and no disrespect. Every attendee was courteous right down to the children.

Leslie Gauger, "I am not for open and carry. That's it." It is our right to express our opinions, just as it is our right to carry a firearm for security, defense, hunting, recreation, or any other lawful purpose. I wonder if she would be so quick to surrender her other rights.

Joe Ford, "I tell ya, I've never been one to feel the need for a gun, so… I don't see why people need to do that." There are many people who do not feel the NEED to have automobile insurance but many states, and, now Wisconsin is considering it (maybe it passed), require automobile insurance, even though many do not "feel the NEED." Carrying a firearm isn't about need or want; it is about exercising the ONLY constitutional protected right that is under siege by this very media outlet.

Dori Davenport, "I think it's just really sad that we even have to talk about it." I agree 100%. In a utopian society, there would be no violence, but we do not live in such a society. There will always be those who prey upon others in society. Carrying a firearm does not guarantee one will not be a victim, but is does guarantee one has the ability to choose whether or not he/she wants to be a victim. "It sets a negative tone that is scary and disturbing." Lack of education is what has set a negative (scary, disturbing) tone. Come out and meet/greet those who open carry. You will see that we are ordinary people, just like you.

Arthur Thexton, "it gave really unnecessary publicity to that fact." So a "former district attorney" OPENLY (pun) admits that we do in fact have the right, but he would have rather see the people stay in the dark and uneducated. Is that the role of government, to keep people in the dark, uneducated, and thus easier to control? "Carrying guns openly does not contribute to the public peace and good order. It just makes people feel frightened, and it's a negative overall to the community at large." Interesting analysis does that mean that all police officers who carry openly do "not contribute to public peace and good order?" Does that mean that all police officers who carry openly make "people feel frightened" and that "it's a negative overall to the community at large?" Is this "former district attorney" advocating for disarming EVERYONE, or just the non police citizens?

Mr.arker

imported post

The ironic part of the whole article is that not one of those fools was from BayView.

skamp

Campaign Veteran
imported post

am i the only one that thinks a criminal could use that as a "shopping list" of sorts?

pictures and names and locations.. its like they are saying "IM HERE AND I DONT PROTECT MYSELF!"

almost like the yard sign :p

ccwinstructor

Centurion
imported post

skamp wrote:
am i the only one that thinks a criminal could use that as a "shopping list" of sorts?

pictures and names and locations.. its like they are saying "IM HERE AND I DONT PROTECT MYSELF!"

almost like the yard sign :p
Only if you trust anti-gun types. They are known to lie, misrepresent themselves, and generally I would not trust my life to such people. It is likely that many are simply ignorant, but which ones are which?