• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Slob shooters spoil another area off I-90

Boo Boo

Banned
imported post

i thought you had to drive up to the pit, so since its not lowlanding its still open.

Dave Workman

imported post

You must be talking about the big pit way up on Hansen Creek. That's still open.

This closure applies right along the Tinkham road corridor and up Denny Creek Road.

Boo Boo

Banned
imported post

cool so i guess just shoot outside the yellow box and all is good.

didnt know we could shoot up snoqualmie pass

BobR

imported post

The article I read did not target "slob shooters", it was aimed at the unsafe shooters.

Closing forest lands where shooting is allowed is a controversial move, but Snoqualmie District Ranger Jim Franzel said he made the decision after gunfire has repeatedly come uncomfortably close to hikers, campers, contract workers and rangers.

Franzel said his decision to push forward with the ban came after a contract worker, who was recently in the forest repairing areas damaged by floods late last year, was nearly hit by gunfire. Franzel said that because of the dense forest coverage it is often difficult to determine where the gunfire is coming from.

So while I know there are slobs out there who have left trash strewn about in many places, this isn't a case of getting shooting areas restricted because of trash, but more along the lines of unsafe shooting practices. At least that is the way I read it.

bob

Dave Workman

imported post

If you re-read my column, you will see that I also discuss the problem of idiots shooting along the road and in one instance toward a popular trailhead.

I'll be doing another mention of this strictly as it relates to unsafe shooting practices, but leaving trash, being stupid with guns, firing bullets in the direction of a trailhead or a contractor...all of that falls under the definition of a "slob shooter."

44Brent

imported post

Dave Workman wrote:
all of that falls under the definition of a "slob shooter."

I prefer the term "criminals". Call it what it is.
  • Reckless endangerment.
  • Littering.
I'm sure there are quite a few RCWs that have been violated.