• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

have pep been banned?

wrightme

imported post

Undetermined problem affecting random areas. My home connection is fine. A friend of mine locally on a different ISP cannot get to the forums.

XD-GEM

Campaign Veteran
imported post

The site had some routing and ISP troubles. Today is the first time in a little over 2 days that I've been able to log on.

As to people being banned, John and Mike run a fairly openminded board and tolerate a lot of stuff that wouldn't fly elsewhere. It's not impossible to get banned, it just doesn't happen as often here as on some other boards.

With that in mind, however, I suggest that there are some folks who can't let go of their (nearly) singleminded hatred of certain members or of OCers in general. These people should seriously consider removing themselves voluntarily from the board. This is a board for the promotion of gun rights in general and of Open Carry specifically. If you cannot contribute anything to the discussion other than profanity and name calling, please leave.

If there are certain people or issues that REALLY irk you to the point that you can post nothing other than the same things over and over again, please do what so many others of us do - ignore them and don't reply. You can then concentrate on areas of discussion for which you have a legitimate and valuable contribution.

nolacopusmc

Banned
imported post

XD-GEM wrote:
The site had some routing and ISP troubles. Today is the first time in a little over 2 days that I've been able to log on.

As to people being banned, John and Mike run a fairly openminded board and tolerate a lot of stuff that wouldn't fly elsewhere. It's not impossible to get banned, it just doesn't happen as often here as on some other boards.

With that in mind, however, I suggest that there are some folks who can't let go of their (nearly) singleminded hatred of certain members or of OCers in general. These people should seriously consider removing themselves voluntarily from the board. This is a board for the promotion of gun rights in general and of Open Carry specifically. If you cannot contribute anything to the discussion other than profanity and name calling, please leave.

If there are certain people or issues that REALLY irk you to the point that you can post nothing other than the same things over and over again, please do what so many others of us do - ignore them and don't reply. You can then concentrate on areas of discussion for which you have a legitimate and valuable contribution.

Does that same advice apply to those who single-mindedly post dribble about others, post lies, and misinform people seeking valid information?

nolacopusmc

Banned
imported post

By those rules. mem and smokingcrack24/7 should have been banned a long time ago. ALl they do is bash LEO,military, and anyone who does not want to revolt.