Thread: Party in the park 6

Post imported post

I just wanted to know if any of you have heard of this party in the park 6? I guess it is an OFCC thing, but I am curious if anyone is going and if they will be open carrying? And by the way I am planning on going and I plan on OCing.

Here is a link if you cant find it

http://www.ohioccw.org/content/view/4251

Post imported post

I am going. signing up friday. even have a few knives I'm donating. wanted to donate an XD but can't get it in time. as I understand it you don't have to pay to come. the $ is to cover the cost of the catering. if you don't pay you don't eat, but you can still hang out. I was also told OC is goin on, at least with me it will be. oh yea, I'm gonna win the pistol too, but I'll let you look at it if ya want:P

Post imported post

Well it is good to hear you are going, I am gonna save money so that I can afford the gas to, I am probably gonna have to save about 45 bucks so that I can also eat, cause catering sounds goooooood.lol. And don't think you will be winning the pistol, that is my plan. But dont worry I will let you look at it also....lol

Post imported post

just got 2 tix. gonna load upon chicken

Post imported post

I want to go since I moved from that area about a yr ago til eastern ohio... but i have to work :X

Post imported post

OFCC will have 200 or so people at the Picnic. Open carry is just fine, it didn't bother Gov. Strickland when he joined us in a previous year.

I'm donating a (2X size) 5.11 vest to the prize pool--you know, for those of us who "stoop to" concealed carry on occasion.

See ya there.

Post imported post

I donated 2 knives ( ka bar and CRKT) and a gerber hydration system

Post imported post

I'm off first thing in the AM

Post imported post

well they had lots o burgers, not those wimpy jtms. these were big ole need-a-bobcat-to-lift-it burgers. full catered menu. rained most of the time, but I had a good time. 150+ in attendance and most were OCing. lots of politicians were there, a prosecutor and the organizer for the 2A march on DC. they gave away a S&W 442 and a springfield XD9

Post imported post

That is an interesting picture spioi took of the (illegally posted w/gunbuster sign) restroom building at the public park where the picnic was held. OFCC has talked to those township park authorities time after time after time since it becvame legal to tote guns in said restrooms, yet every so often they re-post new signage.

I saw spioi at the event but either he didn't have a name sticker on, or I missed it, so didn't make the connection.

Accomplished Advocate color of law's Avatar

Post imported post

Brian D. wrote:
    That is an interesting picture spioi took of the (illegally posted w/gunbuster sign) restroom building at the public park where the picnic was held. OFCC has talked to those township park authorities time after time after time since it becvame legal to tote guns in said restrooms, yet every so often they re-post new signage.

I saw spioi at the event but either he didn't have a name sticker on, or I missed it, so didn't make the connection.
    It sounds like your saying that OFCC does not have the power they claim to have. I'm sure I just misunderstand what you were saying.

Post imported post

they probably keep them up to give ppl a feeling of security, knowing it isn't enforceable. I didn't wear a name badge. figured the rain would wash it away. I shoulda gotone when the rain stopped but didn't want to miss the drawing.

Post imported post

The thing is, spioi, that park board has been informed many many times about this. They acknowledge we are correct, take the signs down for a while, then after a while put 'em back up. I'd guess that your suspicion about their so-called reasoning is correct.

@ C.O.L....I can't hold this against the OFCC group. It only takes one stubborn park/government official who knows there are no consequences, to put up these illegal signs again and again.