Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A New Governor

Banned

Post imported post

Has anyone heard about Mark Todd? I was going through some articles and heard about him. I looked at his home page and I have to say I am impressed.

Check it out and look at where he stands on the issues. He actually takes a stand for gun rights!

http://www.marktoddforgovernor.com/index.html

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

THere is also Mark Neuman (sp?) and of course our own Scott Walker. I personally think that this primary is needed to energize the base and get a lot of publicity prior to taking on Diamond Jim assuming he doesn't take an Obamanation job now that the screw-job of a budget is passed. Also, AFAIK, both Mr. Walker and Mr. Neuman are more than qualified and Mr. Todd also has a good platform that he is running on.
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 - "A wise man's heart inclines him to the right, but the fool's heart to the left."

Post imported post

I use to be a big Scott W fan but his total lack of action on a few non gun issues has turned me off to him. Himtaking a "do nothing attitude" in order not to piss anyone off pisses me off!!

So if he refuses to engage on one small controversial issue what will he do withthe bigger ones?

Banned

Post imported post

I feel the same way. Both Walker and Neuman do not even clarify what their stance is on Gun Rights. Todd clearly takes a Pro Gun stance as you can see on his home page. This is the guy who will get my vote. He is not afraid to speak up and voice his opinion. Like you said, the others are too afraid of ******* some one off.

Post imported post

Mark Todd's stance on Guns:
    Our right to keep and bear arms needs protection as much as or more now than ever before. We were given the Second Amendment for key reasons. Statistics show that areas that have appropriate, not overbearing, gun regulations experience lower crime rates. Criminals have more confidence and motivation to violate the innocent if they know there is a strong chance that no one in the immediate area has a gun for protection. Also, looking at history, it is likely that eventually very undesirable consequences can occur when the government has all the weapons and individuals do not. Lastly it is an obvious fact that hunting has a critical role in Wisconsin's wildlife resource management and economy.
    He's got my vote just for that! Altho elections aren't till 2010
    Logan - Laugh lots, Love Often, and Defend the Irreplaceable
    Walther PPS 9mm, Ruger LCP
    CC permits: MN, FL, NH, PA and CO

Member of:
    Wisconsin Carry, Inc., Rocky Mountain Gun Owners, and National Rifle Association

Banned

Post imported post

It is a long road to the election. We should do everything we can do to support Mark Todd. Inviting him to some events would be a major plus.

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

While I agree that Mr. Todd looks like a good candidate based on the cover, I'm not throwing my lot in for anyone just yet. In any case, each of these candidates appears to be far superior to Diamond Doyle and formidable candidates. No matter who is declared the victor of this primary, he has my vote come November 2010.
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 - "A wise man's heart inclines him to the right, but the fool's heart to the left."

Banned

Post imported post

logan wrote:
    Mark Todd's stance on Guns:
    Statistics show that areas that have appropriate, - , gun regulations experience lower crime rates.

Post imported post

"Statistics show that areas that have appropriate, not overbearing, gun regulations experience lower crime rates"

That's waaaaaaay too vague for me.

He mentions regulating guns and then gives no explination about what regulations he's talking about.

The Brady Bunch thinks their form of regulations are appropriate and not overbearing.

When a candidate claims to be pro-gun rights while at the same time talks about regulations without mentioning specifics, I label them a moderate at best on the issue and look to someone else!

NEXT!

Banned

Post imported post

pkbites wrote:
    That's waaaaaaay too vague for me.
    That is why we need to invite this guy to some events and get some face to face answers.

Post imported post

J.Gleason wrote:
    We should do everything we can do to support Mark Todd.
    No!

Perhaps I'll be proven wrong in the future, but his wording on the issue of firearms sounds exactly like those of an anti or a moderate trying to run as a pro-gunner.

He needs to clarify his stance and those statements before he gets any support whatsoever.

Post imported post

If the Jimmy D recall ever gets going we may see elections a bit sooner, but it seems like a waste to me at this point.

Centurion

Post imported post

Many politicians say many things before they become mainstream. When you are on the outside of a political race looking in, its different than when you are a front-runner.

On the outside looking in you are looking for ANY appeal. As a front-runner you are looking for MASS appeal. Totally different things.

Politics is the art of promising everything to everyone without promising anything to anyone. Politics is the art of taking a stance without taking a stance.

When possible, look at what a candidate HAS done and give that 10 times the weight of what they say they WILL do.

And if you vote for a candidate who plays ambiguity for votes... You get what you deserve.

Post imported post

Criminals have more confidence and motivation to violate the innocent if they know there is a strong chance that no one in the immediate area has a gun for protection.

Sounds to me like he wants us to be able to carry...

Logan - Laugh lots, Love Often, and Defend the Irreplaceable
    Walther PPS 9mm, Ruger LCP
    CC permits: MN, FL, NH, PA and CO

Member of:
    Wisconsin Carry, Inc., Rocky Mountain Gun Owners, and National Rifle Association

Banned

Post imported post

hugh jarmis wrote:
    Many politicians say many things before they become mainstream. When you are on the outside of a political race looking in, its different than when you are a front-runner.

On the outside looking in you are looking for ANY appeal. As a front-runner you are looking for MASS appeal. Totally different things.

Politics is the art of promising everything to everyone without promising anything to anyone. Politics is the art of taking a stance without taking a stance.

When possible, look at what a candidate HAS done and give that 10 times the weight of what they say they WILL do.

And if you vote for a candidate who plays ambiguity for votes... You get what you deserve.
    Ahhh, but when you are considered the front runner you don't want to say anything that will change that and that very well could be the reason why you never hear anything from Scott Walker.

In all fairness, the things I have heard from Scott sound very much the same as what I have heard from Doyle(I.E...Furloughs, privatizing prisons which means loss of jobs for thousands of workers).

If you are going to take a stand on something, why not take a stand on something that is backed by the constitution?

Banned
    Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin, USA

Post imported post

hugh jarmis wrote:

Bears repeating.

"Actions speak more loudly than words." A politician's first duty to his electorate is to be re-elected. A candidates first duty to his supporters is to be elected. Neither mentions principle or honesty.

Banned

Post imported post

J.Gleason wrote:
    privatizing prisons which means loss of jobs for thousands of workers).
    Sorry, I have been through privatization and disagree. The number of essential workers is the same before and after. The featherbed sinecure jobs are eliminated.

Cassville Area -Twelve Miles From Anything, Wisconsin, USA

Post imported post

He's not officially a gubernatorial candidate yet, but Wisconsin Attorney General J.B. Van Hollen would be a great Governor! He is definitely a defender of our Second Amendment Rights as proven by his advisory memo of April 20 to clarify the use of the disorderly conduct charge in open carry situations in Wisconsin, and nationally with the communication of June 11 that he and 22 other Chief Legal Officers sent to Attorney General Eric Holder to express their opposition to a semi -automatic firearms prohibition. See the story at http://tinyurl.com/nduoow and the communication at http://www.nraila.org/media/PDFs/Sem...tter061109.pdf
    Maybe we should draft him.... :celebrate

Dave
    Dave
    45ACP-For when you care enough to send the very best-
    Fight for "Stand Your Ground " legislation!

WI DA Gerald R. Fox:
    "These so-called 'public safety' laws only put decent law-abiding citizens at a dangerous disadvantage when it comes to their personal safety, and I for one am glad that this decades-long era of defective thinking on gun issues is over..."

Remember: Don't make old People mad. We don't like being old in the first place, so it doesn't take much to piss us off.

Banned

Post imported post

I would definitely support JB

Banned

Post imported post

This is why Mark Todd is still on my list for candidates.

http://www.marktoddforgovernor.com/e...n-control.html

NOW THIS IS A STORY WORTH RE-TELLING... THIS IS AN EXAMPLE OF MONTANA GUN CONTROL AS IT SHOULD BE.
    Shooting in Butte, Montana

Shotgun & Preteen vs. Home Invaders Butte , Montana ,
    November 5, 2006.

Raphael Resindez, 23, and Enrico Garza, 26, probably believed they would easily overpower home-alone 11 year old Patricia Harrington after her father had left their two-story home.

It seems the two crooks never learned two things: they were in Montana and Patty had been a clay shooting champion since she was nine.

Patricia was in her upstairs room when the two men broke through the front door of the house. She quickly ran to her father's room and grabbed his 12 gauge shotgun.

Resindez was the first to get up to the second floor only to be the first to catch a near point blank blast of buckshot from the 11-year-old's knee crouch aim. He suffered fatal wounds to his abdomen and genitals.

When Garza ran to the foot of the stairs, he took a blast to the left shoulder and staggered out into the street where he bled to death before medical help could arrive.

It was found out later that Resindez was armed with a stolen 45 caliber handgun he took from another home invasion robbery. That victim, 50-year-old David Burien, was not so lucky. He died from stab wounds to the chest.

Ever wonder why good stuff never makes NBC, CBS, PBS, MSNBC, CNN, ABC or any other media's news....

Now that is Gun Control!!!

This might not be Mark Todds personal opinion but he did allow it to be posted on his web page. Is he hinting?

Post imported post

davegran wrote:
    [size="3"]J.B. Van Hollen would be a great Governor! He is definitely a defender of our Second Amendment Rights as proven by his advisory memo of April 20 to clarify the use of the disorderly conduct charge in open carry situations in Wisconsin and nationally with the communication of June 11 that he and 22 other Chief Legal Officers sent to Attorney General Eric Holder to express their opposition to a semi-automatic firearms prohibition.
    The Memo had nothing to do with where he falls on gun rights, he was just clarifying law. Even an honest extreme anti gun liberal(an oxymoron, I know) could have made the very same memo. His opposition to the firearms prohibition however, was a clear stance that makes me proud he's our AG.

The Northwoods, lakeland area, Wisconsin, USA

Post imported post

I am not comfortable with J.B. being elected to Gov.

Look at his lack of action on the O-C issue for months and years, then his "Informal Memo" lacked so much pertinent information, many anti-2A police chiefs quickly found a way to continue to harass law abiding carriers, and many of his points left way to much for personal interpretation. He stated something we already know, he was very unclear on very important points. and did not do a good enough job letting the police and prosecutors know that violating our rights will have consequences. Not like currentlywhere we only get satisfaction if we can find and afford to hire a lawyer that cares about our rights. Nothing was said to protect the law abiding citizen from overzealous police about O-C from J.B., I think it caused more confusion that it has answered questions!

With a name like Mark Todd, I already have some reservations, You may think it is weird, but think back of people you know with names that are like his, (a last name that can be used for a first name).

I heard a long time ago froman olderman who said: " you can never trust a person whose last name can be used as a first name, keep an eye on them, they'll stab you in the back the first chance they get"
    In my life experiences I have found this to be true. And it reminds me too much of "Sweeney Todd". I would need to see some serious momentum from this guy toshow himself astotally different than Diamond Jim before feeling any more comfortable with him.

If a candidate comesout and promises he will get a decentconcealed carry program to Wisconsin residents, and backs up our right to O-C without any further bullschitt. Then that candidate will get my attention. If a candidate promises to get carry options similar to VT & AK, I'll even campaign for them.
    Other than that, they can all bite my shiny metal ass until the make a proven effort to bring us up to date with the rest of the country. How about using a "Castle Doctrine" as a campaign stance?
    Give the law abiding citizens of WI a fair chance against the criminals without threats of arrest, prosecution, and civil suitsfor defending ourselves, get some controls in on the police departments that are running amok. Some laws to protect us, the citizens of this once great state from becoming subjects.

Post imported post

Disclaimer: The author of this article is NOT Mark Todd. The views and opinions expressed in this article are soley those of the author. Mark Todd for Governor does not excplicitly approve the views and opinions in this article. To learn more about Mark Todd's stances on political issues, please refer to the issues navigation tab at the top of this page.

This article may contain hyperlinks to third party websites. Mark Todd does not endorse and makes no warranty or representations regarding any linked web sites and/or the information, products, or services contained therein.

"Mark Todd for Govenor does not explicitly approve the views & opinions in this article."

He made sure his 'way out' was at the bottom of the page.

Banned

Post imported post

Hmm, I feel the same way, distrustful, of people that use three names and of entities that use not names but epithets.

Post imported post

J.Gleason wrote:
    This is why Mark Todd is still on my list for candidates.

http://www.marktoddforgovernor.com/e...n-control.html

NOW THIS IS A STORY WORTH RE-TELLING... THIS IS AN EXAMPLE OF MONTANA GUN CONTROL AS IT SHOULD BE.
    Shooting in Butte, Montana

Shotgun & Preteen vs. Home Invaders Butte , Montana ,
    November 5, 2006.
    Pretty sure this story is not true:

http://www.snopes.com/politics/crime/homeinvasion.asp

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast