• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

A New Governor

pvtschultz

Campaign Veteran
imported post

THere is also Mark Neuman (sp?) and of course our own Scott Walker. I personally think that this primary is needed to energize the base and get a lot of publicity prior to taking on Diamond Jim assuming he doesn't take an Obamanation job now that the screw-job of a budget is passed. Also, AFAIK, both Mr. Walker and Mr. Neuman are more than qualified and Mr. Todd also has a good platform that he is running on.

FLR&@

imported post

I use to be a big Scott W fan but his total lack of action on a few non gun issues has turned me off to him. Himtaking a "do nothing attitude" in order not to piss anyone off pisses me off!!

So if he refuses to engage on one small controversial issue what will he do withthe bigger ones?

J.Gleason

Banned
imported post

I feel the same way. Both Walker and Neuman do not even clarify what their stance is on Gun Rights. Todd clearly takes a Pro Gun stance as you can see on his home page. This is the guy who will get my vote. He is not afraid to speak up and voice his opinion. Like you said, the others are too afraid of pissing some one off.

logan

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Mark Todd's stance on Guns:
Our right to keep and bear arms needs protection as much as or more now than ever before. We were given the Second Amendment for key reasons. Statistics show that areas that have appropriate, not overbearing, gun regulations experience lower crime rates. Criminals have more confidence and motivation to violate the innocent if they know there is a strong chance that no one in the immediate area has a gun for protection. Also, looking at history, it is likely that eventually very undesirable consequences can occur when the government has all the weapons and individuals do not. Lastly it is an obvious fact that hunting has a critical role in Wisconsin's wildlife resource management and economy.

He's got my vote just for that! Altho elections aren't till 2010 :(

pvtschultz

Campaign Veteran
imported post

While I agree that Mr. Todd looks like a good candidate based on the cover, I'm not throwing my lot in for anyone just yet. In any case, each of these candidates appears to be far superior to Diamond Doyle and formidable candidates. No matter who is declared the victor of this primary, he has my vote come November 2010.

pkbites

imported post

"Statistics show that areas that have appropriate, not overbearing, gun regulations experience lower crime rates"

That's waaaaaaay too vague for me.

He mentions regulating guns and then gives no explination about what regulations he's talking about.

The Brady Bunch thinks their form of regulations are appropriate and not overbearing.

When a candidate claims to be pro-gun rights while at the same time talks about regulations without mentioning specifics, I label them a moderate at best on the issue and look to someone else!

NEXT!

pkbites

imported post

J.Gleason wrote:
We should do everything we can do to support Mark Todd.
No!

Perhaps I'll be proven wrong in the future, but his wording on the issue of firearms sounds exactly like those of an anti or a moderate trying to run as a pro-gunner.

He needs to clarify his stance and those statements before he gets any support whatsoever.

FLR&@

imported post

If the Jimmy D recall ever gets going we may see elections a bit sooner, but it seems like a waste to me at this point.

hugh jarmis

Centurion
imported post

Many politicians say many things before they become mainstream. When you are on the outside of a political race looking in, its different than when you are a front-runner.

On the outside looking in you are looking for ANY appeal. As a front-runner you are looking for MASS appeal. Totally different things.

Politics is the art of promising everything to everyone without promising anything to anyone. Politics is the art of taking a stance without taking a stance.

When possible, look at what a candidate HAS done and give that 10 times the weight of what they say they WILL do.

And if you vote for a candidate who plays ambiguity for votes... You get what you deserve.

logan

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Criminals have more confidence and motivation to violate the innocent if they know there is a strong chance that no one in the immediate area has a gun for protection.
Sounds to me like he wants us to be able to carry...

J.Gleason

Banned
imported post

hugh jarmis wrote:
Many politicians say many things before they become mainstream. When you are on the outside of a political race looking in, its different than when you are a front-runner.

On the outside looking in you are looking for ANY appeal. As a front-runner you are looking for MASS appeal. Totally different things.

Politics is the art of promising everything to everyone without promising anything to anyone. Politics is the art of taking a stance without taking a stance.

When possible, look at what a candidate HAS done and give that 10 times the weight of what they say they WILL do.

And if you vote for a candidate who plays ambiguity for votes... You get what you deserve.
Ahhh, but when you are considered the front runner you don't want to say anything that will change that and that very well could be the reason why you never hear anything from Scott Walker.

In all fairness, the things I have heard from Scott sound very much the same as what I have heard from Doyle(I.E...Furloughs, privatizing prisons which means loss of jobs for thousands of workers).

If you are going to take a stand on something, why not take a stand on something that is backed by the constitution?

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
imported post

hugh jarmis wrote:

Bears repeating.

"Actions speak more loudly than words." A politician's first duty to his electorate is to be re-elected. A candidates first duty to his supporters is to be elected. Neither mentions principle or honesty.

davegran

Cassville Area -Twelve Miles From Anything, Wiscon
imported post

He's not officially a gubernatorial candidate yet, but Wisconsin Attorney General J.B. Van Hollen would be a great Governor! He is definitely a defender of our Second Amendment Rights as proven by his advisory memo of April 20 to clarify the use of the disorderly conduct charge in open carry situations in Wisconsin, and nationally with the communication of June 11 that he and 22 other Chief Legal Officers sent to Attorney General Eric Holder to express their opposition to a semi -automatic firearms prohibition. See the story at http://tinyurl.com/nduoow and the communication at http://www.nraila.org/media/PDFs/SemiAutostateAGsLetter061109.pdf
Maybe we should draft him.... :celebrate

Dave

J.Gleason

Banned
imported post

This is why Mark Todd is still on my list for candidates.

http://www.marktoddforgovernor.com/email_proper-useful-use-of-gun-control.html

NOW THIS IS A STORY WORTH RE-TELLING... THIS IS AN EXAMPLE OF MONTANA GUN CONTROL AS IT SHOULD BE.
Shooting in Butte, Montana

Shotgun & Preteen vs. Home Invaders Butte , Montana ,
November 5, 2006.

Raphael Resindez, 23, and Enrico Garza, 26, probably believed they would easily overpower home-alone 11 year old Patricia Harrington after her father had left their two-story home.

It seems the two crooks never learned two things: they were in Montana and Patty had been a clay shooting champion since she was nine.

Patricia was in her upstairs room when the two men broke through the front door of the house. She quickly ran to her father's room and grabbed his 12 gauge shotgun.

Resindez was the first to get up to the second floor only to be the first to catch a near point blank blast of buckshot from the 11-year-old's knee crouch aim. He suffered fatal wounds to his abdomen and genitals.

When Garza ran to the foot of the stairs, he took a blast to the left shoulder and staggered out into the street where he bled to death before medical help could arrive.

It was found out later that Resindez was armed with a stolen 45 caliber handgun he took from another home invasion robbery. That victim, 50-year-old David Burien, was not so lucky. He died from stab wounds to the chest.

Ever wonder why good stuff never makes NBC, CBS, PBS, MSNBC, CNN, ABC or any other media's news....

Now that is Gun Control!!!

This might not be Mark Todds personal opinion but he did allow it to be posted on his web page. Is he hinting?