Thread: Washington D.C. Murder Rate Lowest in Years!

Post imported post

Yesterday the Washington Post reported that the Metropolitan Police had announced that the murder rate for the first half of 2009 was the lowest it has been in years.

Gee whiz. Six months. Isn't that about how long the Heller decision has been in full effect? Wow. What with all the apoplectic bloviating about all the "new guns" coming into the city and the certain-to-follow reddening of the Potomac and Anacostia with blood, didn't you expect to see articles about graveyards running out of space and crematoria burning out due to overwork? Gee whiz. Guess it didn't happen. In fact, the opposite has occurred. Oh pity the poor crime reporters. Slow news days are a drag without a juicy murder, and what with people able to defend themselves in their homes, juicy murders just got rarer. Now if D.C. had Virginia-style open carry and "shall issue" concealed, well, hell folks. Them crime writers might wind up covering pothole repair or something.

Well, I guess they'll have to accept it. Nobody gives out Pulitzers for writing a series about sewer backups in rainstorms. Too bad. NOT.

Post imported post

Where's Brady? Where's Brady? OMG! OMG! This can't be! This can't be!

An armed society is a polite Society...

Chicago, are you listening?

Post imported post

Of course if the opposite happened, there would be reports everywhere about how newmore permissivegun laws increase crime...even though without carry permission, it's not gonna have much effect either way...media is just so full of crap!

Post imported post

I still wouldn't walk around the place by myself in the middle of the night.

You never know when you're going to get mugged by some politician.

Post imported post

Chaingun81 wrote:
    Of course if the opposite happened, there would be reports everywhere about how newmore permissivegun laws increase crime...even though without recognition of the Constitutional right to carry, it's not gonna have much effect either way...media is just so full of crap!
    There, Brother Chaingun. Fixed it for ya.

Post imported post

Alexcabbie wrote:
    Chaingun81 wrote:
    Of course if the opposite happened, there would be reports everywhere about how newmore permissivegun laws increase crime...even though without recognition of the Constitutional right to carry, it's not gonna have much effect either way...media is just so full of crap!
    There, Brother Chaingun. Fixed it for ya.
    You are so right! Sorry for this slip - proximity to big brother in NOVA is screwing with my brain and making me say things like that. Shame on me!

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

XD-GEM wrote:
    I still wouldn't walk around the place by myself in the middle of the night.

You never know when you're going to get mugged by some politician.
    Don't need to leave the house for the ploiticians to mug you. Their doing that to you right in your own home, via tax hikes.