• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

TEA PARTY - STAFFORD COUNTY

kaiheitai17

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Signs have been posted near the intersection of Rte 1 and I95.

Tea party scheduled for this Saturday, 4 July at the Stafford county courthouse from 11:00am to 2:00pm. If any one is interested in attending.

I think I may attend and open carry.

pourshot

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I will be attending *AND* setting up a VCDL Table. I have to get the stuff from the Fredericksburg Coordinator tomorrow evening. Or at least I hope. I have been tied up at work every day for the past two weeks!

Xeni

imported post

Any word on who's speaking and any other planned activities during this event? I'm trying to decide between Stafford and PWC.

My boss is going to the Stafford one and I offered him my BUG if he'd open carry it. :cool:

pourshot

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Xeni wrote:
Any word on who's speaking and any other planned activities during this event? I'm trying to decide between Stafford and PWC.

My boss is going to the Stafford one and I offered him my BUG if he'd open carry it. :cool:

Other than Mark Cole I do not know, but you could call...

Vincent Ellis (540) 286-2451

Before anyone gets upset, it is off the TeaParty web site...

http://www.teapartyday.com/Locations.aspx

kaiheitai17

Founder's Club Member
imported post

There's a pretty big parking lot at the county offices/courthouse complex. Don't know how full it will be or if it will blocked off. There's some other parking in the area.

pourshot

Campaign Veteran
imported post

From the organizer....

Hello folks.

Hope to see you all Saturday from 11-2 at the Stafford courthouse for the T.E.A. party. We have several speakers lined up , so hopefully their schedules and the weather will hold out. You may wish to bring a lawn chair. Also if anyone has a pressing issue they would like to give a speech on - please let me know and send me a copy of your speech.

Hopefully everyone is seeing our road signs out and about. We do know there have been a couple instances of people taking them down but hopefully the message gets out. Please invite all your friends.

Also if the press is there, i would suggest not talking to them unless you are nimble with your words. If they are out to get us , they are practiced and rehearsed to draw blood, so if you're not prepared they can catch you with foot in mouth.

Heres the basic line I use. We are a group of concerned citizens exercising our constitutional right to gather and discuss our grievances against federal corruption and irresponsible spending.

Vincent J. Ellis

pourshot

Campaign Veteran
imported post

That gives us three.

Anybody else?

It would be nice to have some for the table and some to work the crowd...

Just think....you and a roll of GSL stickers....the most popular combination there!:celebrate

streetdoc

imported post

Oh Boy, I can be there, I got permission from the secondary "ball-n-chain" in the abstinence of my wife to attend this event, like I really needed permission anyway!

zoom6zoom

imported post

After Action Report:
It was a great turnout and VCDL got a lot of exposure. I'm not great at it, but I'd estimate there were at least 700 people turned out. We handed out a lot of orange GSL stickers, I don't think there were many in the crowd who weren't wearing them. At one point Bruce was even handing them out to folks driving down Rt. 1!

We answered lots of peoples' questions about VCDL and even signed up a few new members.

Once we all packed up you couldn't tell an event had taken place there... no trash or damage like some other events we could mention.

We got some great pictures, it'll be up to Bruce to post them as I was using his camera.

kaiheitai17

Founder's Club Member
imported post

We got General Washington to wear an orange "Guns save Lives" sticker on his uniform blouse also. Huge turn out for a minimally advertised event. Only had maybe four people who refused an orange sticker.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Congratulations and "Well Done!" to all of you in Stafford County for taking on a short-notice event.

I'll be looking for some pictures once you technical geeks figure out how to upload single pictures then download them here. I'm really hoping to see The Father of Our Country with a GSL sticker.:)

stay safe.

skidmark

pourshot

Campaign Veteran
imported post

:lol:

Nope, I think it should stay!

Hey, I wanted to say thanks to everyone who helped and also say that I would like last names for the report that I have to turn in.

89 signups for VA-Alert. GOOD JOB GUYS!

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Bruce -

You done good! Pictures are great. Thanks again, all of you who participated.

stay safe.

skidmark