• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Federal agents hunt for guns, one house at a time

PT111

imported post

I really liked this line from the article.

...from a police officer: He said he bought a few military-style rifles, left them in his car and — on the same night — forgot to lock a door. He couldn’t explain why he didn’t file a police report or why he visited Mexico the day after the alleged theft.

Everyone want to catch illegal aliens and deprt them along with stopping any flow of guns to Mexico. Lots of idea on what not to do but few on how to actually do it.

AZkopper

imported post

Thundar wrote:
BATFE agents are not your friend. Do not talk to them and do not let them in your house unless they have a warrant.

100% agree.

However, if reasonable suspicion is developed for illegal gun sales, then they should conduct investigations, and if probable cause developes, then they should get a warrant. That is how the system is suposed to work.

I just wish the fed.gov would put as much effort in to the illegal immigration, which affects our own country, and put foreign interests a distant second (or third, or eleventh).

Jonesy

imported post

AZkopper wrote:
Thundar wrote:
BATFE agents are not your friend. Do not talk to them and do not let them in your house unless they have a warrant.

100% agree.

However, if reasonable suspicion is developed for illegal gun sales, then they should conduct investigations, and if probable cause developes, then they should get a warrant. That is how the system is suposed to work.

I just wish the fed.gov would put as much effort in to the illegal immigration, which affects our own country, and put foreign interests a distant second (or third, or eleventh).
I will never voluntarily allow a law officer of any kind into my home.

KalelIsbell

imported post

What ever happened to the Constitution..

there is not even suppost to be a Federal police force,,

this is allto be done at the state level?????

uhoh.gif