• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Oxford picnic

FatboyCykes

imported post

Generaldet wrote:
I spoke with Mike from Hunts with Double Indoor shooting range, yesterday regarding the picnic. He will be in attendance to help support open carry and to share some information regarding his facility.

I met with him today to drop off some information and got the tour of the range. I have to admit they have a very nice range. You can check out the website and Mike will be available on Sunday to answer any questions.

http://www.huntswithdouble.com/

Can we add this to the list of businesses that welcomes lawful open carry please.
As usual, nice work John!

Generaldet

President, CLSD, Inc., Oxford, Michigan, USA
imported post

Thanks FatboyCykes. The Oakland Press will be coming out with an article on the picnic as well. Should be out tomorrow.

In the meantime here are some great letters that were in the Oxford Leader today about Sunday. Highly recommended reading! Enjoy

http://www.thecitizenonline.com/Articles-i-2009-07-29-230585.113121_Letter_to_the_Editor.html

http://www.thecitizenonline.com/Articles-i-2009-07-29-230586.113121_Letter_to_the_Editor.html

http://www.thecitizenonline.com/Articles-i-2009-07-29-230595.113121_Letter_to_the_Editor.html

CoonDog

imported post

I apologize for the late post, but I WILL be there and I'll be accompanied by the missus and the two boys.

Generaldet, please put me down, again, for a package of burgers and buns.

FatboyCykes

imported post

Also update me from possible to definite. I will be bringing the wife, my three boys and the pup if legally allowed :) At this point, I have quite a few things I can bring, John, PM me if there is anything specific and I'll see what I can do.

I also have a friend from work who will be there with his wife and their three children, they will bring potato salad.

Looking forward to it, and again, nice work John.

CoonDog

imported post

Generaldet wrote:
If anyone has a 6' table we could use a couple. I have one I can bring.
I have a funny suspicion about something.

I have one I can bring in case it's needed.

What do you mean by "a funny suspicion"? Large attendance? Press? LEOs?

MrsRuger45

imported post

FatboyCykes wrote:
Large attendance and lots of food...

Definately looks like we are going to have a great & possibly interesting event!

I was looking at the events thread & no one has signed up to bring the paper products. I hope we will have something to eat from & with! If anyone can bring plates, silverware & napkins, please speak up!! :celebrate

Michigander

imported post

I'm still a maybe. I may or may not have to work, and I may or may not have to do something with my extended family. But if I can be there, I will be. It looks like there will be a good turn out. Definitely not a meet up to miss.

CoonDog

imported post

Fear of the unknown manifests itself in a variety of ways, outrage for example. I'm not surprised that many anti's aren't gun owners themselves. Prior to my first firearm purchase, I had VERY little exposure to guns. The institutions of television, movies, news, and public school all feed the development of a mentality of fear of guns for those of us who didn't grow up with them in the house.

Also, some of the comments suggest that we'll be waving our guns around as some sort of show-and-tell. We'll be doing this community a service when they see we're just having a regular old picnic together as any group of friends and neighbors might and not a single firearm leaves it's holster.

Edit: Post 111, that's a good omen. :D

drmoorejr

imported post

Hi,

I am not new to the forum (well not too new). I have been just reading posts for a while. I just wanted to say that my wife, myself and our daughter WILL be at the park. We live in Lake Orion, MI so this will be a short drive for us.

We are strong advocates for protecting the limits on the government set in the 2nd Amendment. We feel that scams like the OAS Treaty (http://davekopel.org/2A/Mags/oas-treaty.htm) are a sneaky way for the Obama administration to infringe on our pre-existing fundamental right (by ignoring the 2nd Amendment.)

It also sickens me that the anti-gun crowd thinks just because they hate gun rights, that we all should do what they say.

I hope people one day will wake-up and realize this country is safe because of our 2nd Amendment right, not because of the patriot act.

See you all in Oxford!

springerdave

Northern lower & Keweenaw area, Michigan, USA
imported post

Drew, sometimes the weak, insecure and uneducated in our society project. That is their way of handling situation that they deem out of their control. I first get angry when people project their irrational fears onto me, but then I realize that they are probably a lost cause and I shouldn't waste too much time trying to explain my point of view to them. Time is better spent showing the 15 month old Grandson sitting on my lap as I write this, the proper mindset and awareness of constitutional rights that he will have to JEALOUSLY guard. springerdave.

CoonDog

imported post

If we're going to have a large turn-out, we could probably use a second grill. I seem to recall that we pushed Generaldet's grill to the limit at the Frankenmuth picnic. Does anyone have another one they could bring?

Or does anyone know if there are free-standing charcoal grills already at the park?

drmoorejr

imported post

CoonDog wrote:
If we're going to have a large turn-out, we could probably use a second grill. I seem to recall that we pushed Generaldet's grill to the limit at the Frankenmuth picnic. Does anyone have another one they could bring?

Or does anyone know if there are free-standing charcoal grills already at the park?
I seem to remember there were some there, but I am sure others will be using them (non-opencarry.org) as well.

MrsRuger45

imported post

CoonDog wrote:

We have a charcoal grill that we can bring. Adding it to my list:

charcoal grill

charcoal chimney

newspaper

charcoal...........gonna hafta ask ruger45 if we need to make a trip to the store, grilling is his thing, not mine!