• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Kimberguy Incident

Kimberguy

imported post

well two of them claimed to know nothing of OC and the other two detained me the first time at burger king. Looks like they need some remedial training.

SpringerXDacp

imported post

T Vance wrote:
I've heard from several LEO's and even read it somewhere that LEO's are not supposed to OC while off duty. Not sure if it is true or not though. It's not like it's illegal. :cuss:
It's department policy only, not law. Most, if not all, local PD's and sheriff's departments require off-duty LE to CC.

Michigander

imported post

T Vance wrote:
Which begs the question, why do some LEO's ask some people if they are an officer when they see them OCing?
Stupidity and ignorance, as well as any other negative trait a human can possess, know no specific race or profession.

ghostrider

imported post

Kimberguy wrote:
well two of them claimed to know nothing of OC and the other two detained me the first time at burger king. Looks like they need some remedial training.

It is a possibility that they were just plain lying, and that they do know that OC is legal.

Springfield Smitty

OKC, OK (Heading back to MI very soon - thank good
imported post

T Vance wrote:
I think it's time to file a lawsuit!

I've never understood this concept of trying to talk to them about it in the first place. If we break the law, we are arrested and charged. When we claim to not know the law, we are told that ignorance is no excuse.

Why are we not holding the LEO to the same standard?

I think it is ridiculous to think that "education" should be the first actionanyway. This is just my opinion and I am certain I am wrong, so no need to berate me on why I am. I accept the fact and need not be told.

Kimberguy

imported post

ok, i like having my own thread.... this might be useful... went to Home Depot, as usual nothing... went to Menard's, a lot of people i know there.... nothing, until i went out into the parking lot. I'm driving away and this dude is checking out my truck.... now thos of you who know I am very proud of my truck and i like when ppl notice it. I opened my window because he kept looking back at me, when I did he said "Open carry right?" i get happy, and reply "Yeah" "You know that is CCW rite now right? I'm a cop and i'm calling you in to report you" now, i should have realized who he was. I replied, "I have my CPL as well." "then i'm reporting you to the gun board, didn't you get the warning?" i think when i mentioned my CPL and when he made that last comment we both realized who eachother were. I'm 95% sure it was officer Paul Albrich or however you spell it... Jackson City police. And i'm pretty sure he knew who i was, that explains why he was checking out the back of my truck, he wasn't looking at my paint job, he was checking out my plate...
I'm pretty pissed, i seriously think the guy is following me.

I will be at cascades tonight for anyone who wishes to join me. i'll be there in the next hour or so.

Veritas

imported post

northofnowhere wrote:
I heart Kimberguy. Did you mention even LEO's can OC at the picnic and should reasonably not be afraid of being arrested by a citizen for said offense?
Most PD's require officers to CC when not on duty.

When you accept privileges, you sometimes waive rights.

Veritas

imported post

T Vance wrote:
SpringerXDacp wrote:
It's department policy only, not law. Most, if not all, local PD's and sheriff's departments require off-duty LE to CC.
Which begs the question, why do some LEO's ask some people if they are an officer when they see them OCing?
Probably because not every PD requires officers to conceal while off duty... or perhaps they believe you may be a plain clothes officer and your badge is not visible.

And also, likely, because LEO's tend to look out for eachother. While they may be quick to judge a citizen, they're often more likely to help out a fellow officer. I was riding with an officer buddy once (off duty) who was pulled over for speeding. He flashed his MCOLES card and was released with no further incident.

Michigander

imported post

Kimberguy wrote:
I'm pretty pissed, i seriously think the guy is following me.
Every time I get harassed by police, I complain to the chief. If I had reason to believe the chief is also corrupt or otherwise out of hand, I'd go to the city council and the mayor, or maybe the FBI.

Not saying I know this situation well enough to make a suggestion about what you should specifically do, but I do suggest you don't take crap off the guy. We can only blame ourselves for problems with the police. They work for us, and when they screw with us, we need to clean up the mess we allowed them to create.