• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Tamara Dietrich on Self Defense

PavePusher

imported post

Dispatcher wrote:
I've always looked at it in simplistic terms.

Lets say you wake up in the middle of the night and notice that at your neighbors house some thieves are breaking into their shed. You go outside with your gun and shoot the robbers. This is blatantly illegal.

Let's you are asleep in bed and you hear noises coming from the edge of your bed. You open your eyes and there is a man dressed in black going through your dresser. You reach for your gun that is right under your bed. Just as you are grabbing the gun the burglar hears this and turns towards you. You immediately draw and place a round in his head.... You have no idea who this person is and therefore have no idea what this person would do next. You therefore fear for your life and safety and act in self defense.

He doesn't have to have a gun. The fact that he is in your home illegally is already a threat to your life and safety.
Not illegal in Texas...:celebrate

Marco

imported post

SouthernBoy wrote:
:exclaim:
Spot on.:D

MSC 45ACP wrote:
Some of the things I miss about living in the Republic of Texas...

:cry:
No OC, the heat/humidity, fire ants and Tex-Mex food (I love it, it doesn't love me).

18 month @ Ft. Sam Houston, 3 months TDY @ Ft. Bliss all in the 80's.

MSC 45ACP

imported post

I really miss the TexMex food. My son was born in Clear Lake (Webster, actually). I miss the places that made the FRESH flour tortillas. My kids would watch that tortilla maker for an HOUR at Papasitos on I-45 in Webster.

What was the topic of this thread again?