• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New here - Somple ?? Question

JeffinWesternWA

imported post

:)New member to this forum, retired USAF Officer, retired business owner, ..."played w/ guns RESPONSIBLY since age 8"...WA resident for 8~ years now, WA CC permit holder since 2001, cuz I'm always "too close" (managed a business at One Killeen Center" in Killeen, TX after the assualt by the nut who drove into Luby's next door in early 90's, two "co-workers killed there", was at Tacoma Mall by chance one day early - stopped by and was gonna actually go next day - the day of "Maldinado" assualt there - that place is terrible "thugville" IMHO -, held an "yard intruder" who refused to leave my property at gunpoint in University Place 5 years ago, great job by UP police to 911 call, they were there in about 100~ seconds too! )....

since I've changed "residence address" in WA from Univ Place to here in "Camas/Washougal/Vancouver" area :pI'm wondering if there is ANY provision to change addy on my CWP? Can't find any statute nor any requirement on the license or paper/card that comes with it??:?

Always Carry my S&W hammerless airweight a .38+P w/ Crimson Trace laser grips and Speer dot +P's, lessthan 2 lbs loaded w/ holster!... my "lady" who hails from the Peoples Republic of Oregon is licensed carry in OR and WA w/ her Taurus Model 85 .38 and Federal low recoil .38 spl Self-Defense loads, she shoots well!...

Where in Camas/Vancouver can I buy some .38 Spcl bullets for target practice? Wal-Mart, Joe's (now closed), C&C guns, etc., all "out"?:cuss:

Hope to meetsome of ya 'round sometime:D

JeffinWesternWA

imported post

much thanx, hope the group gathers in PDX/'Couv area sometime, just been down here a year as built my "retirement home" in the area....

Spacejockey1979

imported post

Welcome, I am new as well. I moved to a new address in the same city (Yakima) several months ago. I went to the police station and asked if there wasa need to change the address on my CPL (it's not a CWP) since I recently moved. I talked to the gal who does all the CPL licensing and she said as long as you update it when it's time to renew you'll be fine. She did make a point of mentioning that you need to have your driver's license updated though so they at least have some proof of where you live. Not sure on how legit that is, but it's common sense to do anyway. They don't update your CPL for address changes until it's time to renew the license. You can renew up to 90 days before the actual expiration date, at which point don't forget to tell them to change the address. Hope this helps.