• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

.38 spcl in Vancouver/Camas/Washougal Area?

JeffinWesternWA

imported post

:cuss:Still trying to find some .38 Spcl bullets (3 bricks) in stock, Wal-Mart (none since fall), GI Joes (winter last I saw, now closed), Big 5 (been months), C&C(about a month +), ANYWHWEE ANYONE know of I can buy.38spcl for target practice in this area??:banghead:

Askin too much if any ALSO have any +P (lawman, etc.,) in addition to standard loads..thanx

BTW, I'm new here :)New member to this forum, retired USAF Officer, retired business owner, ..."played w/ guns RESPONSIBLY since age 8"...WA resident for 8~ years now, WA CC permit holder since 2001, cuz I'm always "too close" (managed a business at One Killeen Center" in Killeen, TX after the assualt by the nut who drove into Luby's next door in early 90's, two "co-workers killed there", was at Tacoma Mall by chance one day early - stopped by and was gonna actually go next day - the day of "Maldinado" assualt there - that place is terrible "thugville" IMHO -, held an "yard intruder" who refused to leave my property at gunpoint in University Place 5 years ago, great job by UP police to 911 call, they were there in about 100~ seconds too! )....

since I've changed "residence address" in WA from Univ Place to here in "Camas/Washougal/Vancouver" area :pI'm wondering if there is ANY provision to change addy on my CWP? Can't find any statute nor any requirement on the license or paper/card that comes with it??:?

Always Carry my S&W hammerless airweight a .38+P w/ Crimson Trace laser grips and Speer dot +P's, lessthan 2 lbs loaded w/ holster!... my "lady" who hails from the Peoples Republic of Oregon is licensed carry in OR and WA w/ her Taurus Model 85 .38 and Federal low recoil .38 spl Self-Defense loads, she shoots well!...

Where in Camas/Vancouver can I buy some .38 Spcl bullets for target practice? Wal-Mart, Joe's (now closed), C&C guns, etc., all "out"?:cuss:

Hope to meetsome of ya 'round sometime:D

kenny31

imported post

Have you tried the Marine and Outdoor's shop out on Delta park by the old Joes? It's been a while but they always had plenty of ammunition.

Magix

imported post

I would recommend looking on gunbroker.com. Takes longer with auction style but you may pay less if you're a bit lucky. Also available for buy it now if you're really in a rush with no other options.

Phssthpok

imported post

I have errands to run over in Oregon today.. I'll check the Walmart near clackamas, and the Bimart off of 122nd.

JeffinWesternWA

imported post

Found about 12 bricks, (only 2 of 9MM BTW) at C&C in Couver, limit is 100 rounds, got .38 130 gr FMJ's but $21 a brick, :cuss:YIKES, over double what I paid for lead ball .38 spc about a year ago!! Somebody let me know if they find any in the "$teens" and any practice (just a brick) of +P's are needed too.....wow, and, English Pit in couver wants $29 for a brick of .38 SPCL, WOW:shock:None still in stock at Wal-Mart on 192nd, been out since fall...

rickomatic

imported post

Just keep your eyes open. I spotted 2 100 ct. Winchester White box .38 special at the Lynnwood Wal-Mart last Friday. I bought 1, leaving one for someone else. This was in the afternoon, so I assume it had been sitting there for a while.

Phssthpok

imported post

One box of remington onthe shelf in Walmart down by Clack. twn. ctr....$14-and-change.

no joy at teh Bi-mart on 122nd.

Woulda checked a few more places, but my gut started giving me rummblings of impending doom, so i hi-tailed it home!:shock: