• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Anybody OC at Cheyenne Frontier Days?

MatieA

imported post

redneck_rambo wrote:
I will be traveling from Colorado to Cheyenne for Frontier Days next week. Has anyone OC'd at Frontier Days before? Just wondering if I can carry my P6 or if I will have to leave it in the car.

You cannot carry a pocketknife into Frontier park. You can however carry a multi-tool. :banghead:

You can carry all over the rest of Cheyenne though.

Hanzerik

imported post

They usually put up signs at the park that say no weapons allowed. So I take it to mean no guns, knives, etc.

AB

imported post

In general, at events that charge admission and you receive a ticket, this ticket gives you license to use the facility subject to their rules, these rules are usually similar to communist dictatorships however are probably drafted with influence from the insurance company.

[align=left]From CFD code of conduct:
Prohibited Items...Weapons (i.e. knives, pepper spray, stun-guns, any concealed weapons, firearms, etc.)...All bags, jackets, and guests are subject to inspection upon entering CFDproperty...
Breach of the code of conduct will automatically terminate this license...
http://www.cfdrodeo.com/pdf/code_of_conduct.pdf[/align]
[align=left]I called the admin office just to see how their heads were screwed on and I was asked "why would anyone want to carry a firearm?"[/align]
[align=left]Obviouslythe bestquestions are:
Why would anyone want to go where your right to protect yourself has been taken away? and Doyou guarantee my protection?
[/align]

[align=left]Cheyenne Frontier Days Headquarters: (307) 778-7200[/align]

Mjolnir

imported post

take a close look around cheyenne frontier days for different govt command vehicles, this is not only the largest rodeo in wyoming it is the largest outdoor rodeo event in the area.

think target when in the area and wonder why you even want to be in the same zip code.

Mjolnir

imported post

AB wrote:
Mjolnir wrote:
remember it is the news and what they want you to see read think and believe.
Yes, but interesting they admitted this.
Drive down the back side of the park, you can not miss the command vehicles.

Stupid as shit parking them so dang close, easy to take out and then with the command vehicles taken out.............

Mjolnir

imported post

AB wrote:
jbowers24 wrote:
Anybody know who owns frontier park?
The City of Cheyenne owns it, but has it leased to CFD.

For $1 a year last I was told.

However, you will never get them to publicly admit the workings, it is a secret and to be admitted you must be a heel.

Why do they refuse to release the gate admissions and fianances to the public.....

Mjolnir

imported post

AB wrote:
Such a big event is used mostly for training.
Till the command and control element is wiped out by something.

History is full of examples of such, yet the people who run these events and are responsible for security fail to learn from history.

Even the county 911 center mobile van can be located rather close to the action on parade days & other events.

Many ways they can improve security, but nobody thinks anything can happen in Cheyenne.

AB

imported post

Itall depends how you look at things, since the supreme court has ruled that "it is not law enforcements duty to protect citizens" and neither is it the duty of standing armies when we are not at war, then the only rational conclusion is that one must protect them-self.

Mjolnir

imported post

AB wrote:
Itall depends how you look at things, since the supreme court has ruled that "it is not law enforcements duty to protect citizens" and neither is it the duty of standing armies when we are not at war, then the only rational conclusion is that one must protect them-self.
True, have you seen the drunken security (red shirts) at the park.

They drink free beer at "work" and can and do get tanked while providing "security" like drunken thugs.

Not to mention the large police and the holding cell they have for criminals.

All CFD is is a chance for un important people in the community to think they are important and to strut around feeling important and looking like fools.......

CFD is one reason I do not want to move back to Cheyenne, way to political and good old boy in nature.......