• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Stopped by LVMPD For Carrying (ACLU)

Pace

imported post

I have removed this message because someone too what was an inquiry by me and posted it all over the net as if it was an email from the ACLU. This is not the case.

Best,
Pace

BB62

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

I suggest that also you post this message in the Nevada state board, and link to it in the recent LVPD threads on the same board.

nick1

imported post

Any chance you guys might be looking for people like this in CA? NV doesn't strike me as the most likely place for things like this to happen, while it's a routine in CA. Check out the CA board here and in other places, such as http://www.calguns.net.

And yes, I'm from CA, and I don't expect CA ACLU to do it.

Gordie

imported post

The Nv. chapter of the ACLU broke from the ranks nationally and came outin support of RTKBA as an individual right. This is the only reason I have any hope of having their support in this fight. It's good to see the ACLU, if only on the state level, supporting our rights as well as other's.

Statesman

imported post

The ACLU must be desperate for money! I told them point blank, that I will never donate any money to them until they supported RTKBA.

If this is legit, I will be amazed.

Pace

imported post

The ACLU of NEVADA (not the national) is supportive of gun rights, period. Its on their website for some time now, and its not a dispute.

I've met the staff of the Nevada office, and they are gun owners, they are gun right supporters.

Many, many ACLU members are gun-right supporters, as they are all-right supporters. In fact, the ACLU National is going under much change as more and more supporters and people within the organization realize what is going on.

If you believe in the ACLU most of the time (which you should, all rights are allrights) maybe push them to eventually support gun rights nationally.

SlackwareRobert

imported post

I have yet to see one ACLU member support the right to take a life that is in the
constitution. But this is a big change for them and I will applaud them if true.
But could they side with the 'feared citizen' as enough of a reason to support the stops?
If they take this on I might just have to buy a keno ticket.
Any chance of getting them to file the suite across the border outside of 9th circuit?
I can show up to get stopped this christmas to give the 11th circuit jurisdiction.

Pace

imported post

"The Right to Take A Life" that is in the constitution? Whaaaah? Where is that?

wrightme

imported post

The confusion might have been generated by the subtitle of your post...

ACLU of Nevada prepared to fight open carry harassment on Las vegas strip!
Makes it sound as if they are taking the case.