• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Republican nominee for Governor of Texas Debra Medina - open carry supporter?

Gator5713

Lone Star Veteran
imported post

Hmmm... This is really the first I have heard of her...
After reviewing her site, I will be doing more research, but I think she is definitely one I could support! And I like Perry! Lets at least get her recognized so the others will take note, and keep Perry as a backup if we can't get her all the way this time around!

Gator5713

Lone Star Veteran

txskydiver

imported post

I like what I see...not just the open carry issue, but her beliefs in general. She is worth a hard look. I really think the 2 main candidates will just give us more of the same. I like Kay, but I don't see her doing much if she gets in.

CrossFire

imported post

txskydiver wrote:
I like what I see...not just the open carry issue, but her beliefs in general. She is worth a hard look. I really think the 2 main candidates will just give us more of the same. I like Kay, but I don't see her doing much if she gets in.
Kay will only do the status quo, she has been in DC to long.

rodbender

imported post

CrossFire wrote:
txskydiver wrote:
Agreed. Anyone that votes to fund the National Endowment for the Arts does not get my vote for anything. Anyone that voted for the "Bail Out" does not get my vote for dogcatcher either. She's "Liberal Lite".

KBCraig

imported post

CrossFire wrote:
txskydiver wrote:
Of course, Perry has his own issues when it comes to political "insider" games and back-room deals.

KBCraig

imported post

Here's a bit of data for the KBH-v.-Perry race:

http://www.thenewspaper.com/news/28/2875.asp

Perry has been rather blatant in his efforts to use eminent domain and taxpayer dollars to seize private land and build highways that would then be turned over to private companies to manage as toll roads.

KBH, despite her faults, opposes this.

I don't trust either of them as far as I could throw them. Perry has a good record on guns, but so does KBH. I expect either of them would throw us under the bus to pass their favorite projects.

Bustelo5%

imported post

Can a governor overturn standing law? Say the Oc issue? Can you incorp and protect your land that way? Also you can own your land in a loadial title in Texas the only state in America you can do that,so if someone who owns land in the place of my birth and they want to build a road over it can just buy their land and surround it with OCERS and make sure nobody trys to impose a highway over your farm right?

rpyne

imported post

Bustelo5% wrote:
Can a governor overturn standing law? Say the Oc issue? Can you incorp and protect your land that way? Also you can own your land in a loadial title in Texas the only state in America you can do that,so if someone who owns land in the place of my birth and they want to build a road over it can just buy their land and surround it with OCERS and make sure nobody trys to impose a highway over your farm right?
Close, but no cigar.

Take a few minutes to read http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Allodial_title

KBCraig

imported post

Debra Medina has been the state coordinator for Campaign for Liberty. This morning I received an email from C4L, which was Debra announcing that she was turning over the reins to Debbie McKee, so that she could pursue "another statewide endeavor" in Texas.

:celebrate

Bustelo5%

imported post

HAha LMAO I couldn't figure out why the spell check thing couldn't figure out that word lol.

But really though can a Governor just over turn law?

Whats the statewide endeavor?

rodbender

imported post

Bustelo5% wrote:
But really though can a Governor just over turn law?

Whats the statewide endeavor?

Answer to #1: NO, he's much like the President, except he can't pass law with executive orders unconstitutionally.

Answer to #2: Probably Governor.

Bustelo5%

imported post

That is what I was thinking. So how would a Texas Gov go about straight up changing state law while being Gov?
Well as I said Texan Home Owners need to team up and buy their land in Allodial title being your the only state that can do so thats better any anyother state.

KBCraig

imported post

The lieutenant governor in Texas is more powerful than the governor. That's where all the behind-the-scenes stuff takes place.