• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Ammo at Walmart

I

inNV

imported post

Anytime I wanted to go to the range, I would just stop at Wal-Mart on my way, and pick up a few boxes of UMC yellow box. I know there is an ammo shortage, becuase of paranoia..but has anybody seen any ammo at any Walmart in Vegas? I have been to 3 in the past few weeks (a few times to each), and none of them had any..one told me that haven't received any in a week. Once they come in, paranoid people by them all..and leave non for the rest of us...I am pretty well stocked on SD ammo, but I don't want to shoot it all..and it is a bit more expensive..

GoldCoaster

imported post

It's not just Vegas I'm afraid, out here in CT (Liberalsville where you wouldn't expect ammo hoarders) the Wallyworld shelves are bare of all common calibers and even are out of 22LR sometimes as well! They do have some odd calibers that probably don't sell well and odd things like shotshells. I haven't seen a box of 45ACP ball at Walmart for months! I am kicking myself for leaving boxes on the shelf a year ago when I only wanted a box or two! One time I went and there was no 45ball on the shelves but there was a case of boxes on top (5 or 6 boxes inside, I forget) and I bought the whole thing. I recently purchased a Ruger MK III to practice with as 22LR is still fairly common on shelves - better than nothing and I'm not blasting through my stash of 45 until I know there's more availability on the horizon.

CoonDawg

imported post

I must apologize, everyone, a I am one of those "paranoid" buyers. We were in the same position as you. Months ago, we (father, brother, and brother-in-law) went to go shooting and stopped by Wal-mart to pick up some ammunition. They didn't have any, so we had to go with little more than .22's. After that, we began to check the ammo department in Wal-mart, and as the situation got worse, we all have started to "panic buy" ammunition. I know we're only worsening the situation, but we're tired of trying to go shooting and not being able to find ammo, so now, whenever Wal-mart has any (rare), we'll buy whatever we can. To this day we've found almost no 9mm or .45. It's just totally non-existant. We've managed to get some non-CCI .22 and .40, but the rest we've had to order online (which, again, is difficult to do).

The gun shows had a lot of it, but they were charging a small fortune so we bought little. And, to feed paranoia, we don't want to go shoot any of it since it is so difficult to find.

Pace

imported post

I have no problem finding ammo anywhere in Las Vegas sorry. There is no short supply of ammo, just some really smart marking people at the ammo companies telling you to buy.

.22 is easy to find, anywhere, and everywhere. I am unsure why you are having problems with it. .22 Long, .22 Short all can be found.

Citadel Gun & Safe has a ridiculous amount of ammo, especially the ones that are "hard to find." They have stacks of .223rems for example, at really good prices.

Order AMMO from online, will solve your problem.

timf343

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Ammo is starting to reappear, but it was quite hard to find for a while. Three of the online retailers I use regularly were out of .40, .45 and 7.62x39. They're all now back in stock, although the selection of .45 is still somewhat small.

Pace

imported post

I carry a .40, have no issue...I see them everywhere.

I'm not communist, so no need for the 7.62x39:dude:

I have at least 2k rounds of .556nato and a shitload of plastic bb's :)

I

inNV

imported post

Finally found some. The Walmart on Ft. Apache and Trop had some. The guy says they just got 2 cases in (9mm). I bought the limit (6), and there were at least20boxes left. It is the $8.98 Federal that I guess used to be Blazer?..I might go back before 9 to get 6 more...they also had a few (4-5) boxes of WWB .40...

Just so you all know.

Gordie

imported post

The Walmart in Fallon had numerous boxes of 9mm, 38 special, 40 s&w, 45 acp, and 223 all in Win. WB yesterday morning, by 7:00 last night, it was all gone.