• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Tucson Mall

jeremy05

imported post

Went to the Tucson mall a couple days ago and was shopping with myg/f. We had to returnsome stuff and pickmeup a new bathing suit. Anyways Weexchange the shirt at Abercrombie and head into the mall, with a Shopping bag. SoI get into holister and and waiting in line to buy my bathing suit, and the mall security walks up to me and tells me that they have a strict no weapons policy in the mall. I said"ok no problem" and pull my shirt over my firearm so it would be concealed.He then tells me thatim not able to do that. So I flash my credentials and badge and he then says..."ok you can do that"

Anyone else have a problem in Tucson mall? Ive never been approached before while shopping there. Maybe it was his first time working. I was obviously shopping and not causing a scene. I didnt notice any signs when I walked in the mall.

r6-rider

imported post

lol you just show your badge and all is good?

just to make things clear, you are a cop correct?

Michigander

imported post

r6-rider wrote:
lol you just show your badge and all is good?
Yeah, it is pretty funny the idea that a cop is magically better suited to be armed. As though a cops privileged position we the people grant them is morally superior to we the people being armed.

Being as we're the bosses of police, and can all come together and decide to eliminate their position at any time, it's kind of absurd to have the police given more rights. It's like a dog taking orders from fleas. It's too stupid to sum up in words.

jeremy05

imported post

Border Patrol Agent. I get to fly armed :dude: lol

If I had the time of day I would have got into a discussion about their Rules, but I was in a bit of a hurry.

jeremy05

imported post

It is pretty nice, especially skipping around security and bringing a whole 20oz Pepsi on the flight OMG!
It can be a hassle some times, there are pilots that are still scared of guns and will deny you on your flight, and then you have to wait for the next flight. Hasn't happened to me yet, but I have heard some stories.

My last flight the pilot offered me the jump seat for the trip, but it was a tiny seat and a 5 hour flight, so I respectfully declined.

Michigander

imported post

jeremy05 wrote:
It is pretty nice, especially skipping around security and bringing a whole 20oz Pepsi on the flight OMG!
I got some funny looks from the TSA at an airport once when I went off on a tirade about that. While we were at a security checkpoint, I explained loudly and obnoxiously to my brother that it was rather stupid to ban liquids, because a cell phone could be filled with high order explosives and a blasting cap, which properly used could simply ignite the fuel on the plane we were about to board and blow the whole thing out of the sky.

Thinking like that makes sense, but the TSA seems to have rules against instituting policies that acknowledge such sense. Most of that agency seems like a sham and a joke. It's rather sad that people are stupid enough to stand for it.

r6-rider

imported post

border patrol huh?

i want your opinion on this.. how do you feel about the civilians that patrol along the border and report illegals?

jeremy05

imported post

r6-rider wrote:
border patrol huh?

i want your opinion on this.. how do you feel about the civilians that patrol along the border and report illegals?
I haven't had any interaction with them yet, but I just hope they don't get sued for doing anything stupid. There are lots of Free Legal services available to illegals. I read awhile ago about a farmer that held a small group on his farm with a shotgun, the illegals stated that he hit them or whatever, now hes out tons of money.

jeremy05

imported post

Michigander wrote:
jeremy05 wrote:
I got some funny looks from the TSA at an airport once when I went off on a tirade about that. While we were at a security checkpoint, I explained loudly and obnoxiously to my brother that it was rather stupid to ban liquids, because a cell phone could be filled with high order explosives and a blasting cap, which properly used could simply ignite the fuel on the plane we were about to board and blow the whole thing out of the sky.

Thinking like that makes sense, but the TSA seems to have rules against instituting policies that acknowledge such sense. Most of that agency seems like a sham and a joke. It's rather sad that people are stupid enough to stand for it.
Well you are exactly right, but it makes the sheep feel safe. When you break it down it doesn't make any sense. Just like Pistol Free Zones, the whole concept is based on the idea that criminals follow the law..... oh wait! THEY ARE CRIMINALS!

r6-rider

imported post

yea iv read that story, really sucks for that guy. how about the JCNTF, any experience with them?

jeremy05

imported post

Never heard of that group before. We have a minute man station near Naco, but I never see anyone there.

r6-rider

imported post

its the National Guards - Joint Counter Narcotics/Terrorism Task Force. theyre asking for volunteers right now, but i dont know if they are already operating down there yet