Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wife found me naked with a Glock

Post imported post

Well, unfortunatly, this wasn't the first time that I had drawn a gun when in fear of my life. Thankfully though, I didn't have to pull the trigger this time.

This episode in my life happened in 2001. I was living in some decent apartments in Roanoke, TX. If anyone has ever been there, then you will know that Roanoke is just not a high crime area. As other stories prove however, that doesn't make you safe.

I was 21 at the time and had recently purchased a couple of Glocks, one for myself, and one for my wife at the time since she was only 20. It was about 0230 and I was sleeping. We were still newlyweds so I'll just be tastful and say that I was sleeping good because I was "spent". Anyway, I've never been a very heavy sleeper. Things were pretty quiet in our apartment. The only noise being the ceiling fan and central air unit to lull me into sleep. Suddenly though, I heard a noise down the hall. Like someone tapping on the door with an object. Afetr shaking the cobwebs out I heard the door knob start to jiggle. I was immediatly out of bed and racked the slide of my G23(I was still new to firearms and not comfortable with one in the tube. I keep my weapons loaded and ready at all times now). I told my wife to grab the phone and took off to put myself between the door and her. Things happened so fast that I didn't notice that she was still asleep, she sleeps like the dead.

When I get to the living room I hear the noises loud and clear. I then shout at the top of my lungs, "WRONG F**KING DOOR A**HOLE!" Yeah, I was 21...Anyway, I was in complete darkness and after my profanity laced war cry the fiddling with the door stopped and I heard footsteps making tracks at a high rate of speed away from the door and down the stairs.

My heart was racing, my hands shook a little, my breathing was ragged and my mind was racing. A few seconds later the living room light flipped on. And my former wife saw me standing there pointing my gun at the door. Apparently she didn't hear me when I first got up and was woken up when I used my command voice to shout at the would be intruder. Did I mention that I slept nude at the time? It was a true WTF moment.

Post imported post

Well, that's at two stories of naked self-defense I've read on OCDO, now.

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

Tomahawk wrote:
    Yep.

Or maybe not. We've long considered the definition of a well dressed man includes a sidearm. So, despite lacking clothes, one could say he was well dressed.

Although I personally would never wear a Glock after 6:00 PM.

I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Post imported post

Tomahawk wrote:
    Even naked people need to defend themselves, ya know.

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

One question.

When your wife did wake up and come to turn the lights on, did she have her glock in hand as well?

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

Riana wrote:
    Tomahawk wrote:
    One more reason to wear jammies to bed.

"Honey, why are you all of a sudden wearingPJs to bed lately?"

"Well, dear. I've notice naked people end up having to defend themselves a lot. Just doing what I canto avoid a self-defense scenario. Did you lock the front door?"
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Post imported post

I rather think it would be priceless to see the shocked look on the intruder's face when confronted by an armed naked guy. I don't think many people would be comfortable running towards trouble without pants; you can be fairly certain those that do are serious and mean business.

Or they are absolutely crazy and may shoot you just for the hell of it, so maybe you should've picked a different house to rob.

Post imported post

Task Force 16 wrote:
    One question.

When your wife did wake up and come to turn the lights on, did she have her glock in hand as well?

No, her G26 was tucked in still. We were both still young and learning though.

Post imported post

Tomahawk wrote:
    I rather think it would be priceless to see the shocked look on the intruder's face when confronted by an armed naked guy. I don't think many people would be comfortable running towards trouble without pants; you can be fairly certain those that do are serious and mean business.

Or they are absolutely crazy and may shoot you just for the hell of it, so maybe you should've picked a different house to rob.
    Yeah, some of the spearmen of the old Celtic tribes would fight naked. Well, they wore blue war paint, but that was it.

I'm sure they pulled it off and looked scary. I just looked like a crazy person.

Post imported post

Riana wrote:
    I'm sure that's true for you, but if a BG were to see my ugly ass naked he'd likely run like hell!

Post imported post

That's why I wear my BLACKHAWK Tactical boxers, underwear worn by operators on missions around the world.

Just kidding but I'm sure there is a market for something like this

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

FunkTrooper wrote:
    That's why I wear my BLACKHAWK Tactical boxers, underwear worn by operators on missions around the world.

Just kidding but I'm sure there is a market for something like this
    Ya know what, I believe I've seen some tactical MOLE lingerie modeled somewhere.

Laurie! Was that you?

Post imported post

...if things keep going at this rate, there's going to be an OC nudist event, in due course. Which could be...interesting.

Post imported post

NightOwl wrote:
    ...if things keep going at this rate, there's going to be an OC nudist event, in due course. Which could be...interesting.

Unfortunately, many of the OC'rs I've met do not inspire nakedness.

Pass.

[flash=320,256]http://www.youtube.com/v/kwoZjsHs86A&hl=en&fs=1&[/flash]

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

NightOwl wrote:
    :what:I think I'll pass on that one.

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

NightOwl wrote:
    All the more reason to recruit more women to the cause!!

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar

Post imported post

Citizen wrote:
    Tomahawk wrote:
    Yep.

Or maybe not. We've long considered the definition of a well dressed man includes a sidearm. So, despite lacking clothes, one could say he was well dressed.

Beware! If it is before 6:00 PM, Citizen may very well have his glock in his hand. You may have to look closely though - its a sub-compact.

Yata hey
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
    Beware! If it is before 6:00 PM, Citizen may very well have his glock in his hand. You may have to look closely though - its a sub-compact.

Yata hey
    ROFLMAO!!!!!!!

Oh, that was good. I knew that sooner or later I was gonna pay for baiting you.

Post imported post

Citizen wrote:
    Grapeshot wrote:

Yata hey
    ROFLMAO!!!!!!!

Oh, that was good. I knew that sooner or later I was gonna pay for baiting you.
    That was just the ante for today.

More later - DoubleTap says to time to eat NOW!

Happy Independence Day.

Yata hey
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Post imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
    Citizen wrote:
    Tomahawk wrote:
    Yep.

Yata hey
    Lol! Sorry, Citizen, but that was funny!

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

TehGruu wrote:
    SNIP Lol! Sorry, Citizen, but that was funny!
    No apology needed. Its all in good fun.

This is just another example of why he usually wins these playfull littlematches.

Post imported post

I bet you sleep nekkid with your Glock, too.

Glad to hear it turned out O.K.

Post imported post

Nekkid carry would necessarily be OPEN carry. With the wimmen you wouldn't even notice the gun :shock:

Post imported post

TehGruu wrote:
    Grapeshot wrote:
    Citizen wrote:
    Tomahawk wrote:
    Yep.

Yata hey
    Lol! Sorry, Citizen, but that was funny!
    OCDO already has its nakedshoplifter.

Maybe Citizen could change his screen name to glockinhand.

Not sure what avatar to suggest though.

The entire idea of men running around dressed out with only there arms is not a pretty picture. I'm going to have to stop this before before I LMS.

Yata hey

PS - LMS = laugh or laughing myself sick !!!!

Post imported post

Statesman wrote:
    I bet you sleep nekkid with your Glock, too.

Glad to hear it turned out O.K.
    Nah, I wised up and sleep in boxers now. I have a Sig Pro with night sights now...My Colt pulls guard duty during the day. And thank you.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast