• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Wife found me naked with a Glock

TehGruu

imported post

Well, unfortunatly, this wasn't the first time that I had drawn a gun when in fear of my life. Thankfully though, I didn't have to pull the trigger this time.

This episode in my life happened in 2001. I was living in some decent apartments in Roanoke, TX. If anyone has ever been there, then you will know that Roanoke is just not a high crime area. As other stories prove however, that doesn't make you safe.

I was 21 at the time and had recently purchased a couple of Glocks, one for myself, and one for my wife at the time since she was only 20. It was about 0230 and I was sleeping. We were still newlyweds so I'll just be tastful and say that I was sleeping good because I was "spent". Anyway, I've never been a very heavy sleeper. Things were pretty quiet in our apartment. The only noise being the ceiling fan and central air unit to lull me into sleep. Suddenly though, I heard a noise down the hall. Like someone tapping on the door with an object. Afetr shaking the cobwebs out I heard the door knob start to jiggle. I was immediatly out of bed and racked the slide of my G23(I was still new to firearms and not comfortable with one in the tube. I keep my weapons loaded and ready at all times now). I told my wife to grab the phone and took off to put myself between the door and her. Things happened so fast that I didn't notice that she was still asleep, she sleeps like the dead.

When I get to the living room I hear the noises loud and clear. I then shout at the top of my lungs, "WRONG F**KING DOOR A**HOLE!" Yeah, I was 21...Anyway, I was in complete darkness and after my profanity laced war cry the fiddling with the door stopped and I heard footsteps making tracks at a high rate of speed away from the door and down the stairs.

My heart was racing, my hands shook a little, my breathing was ragged and my mind was racing. A few seconds later the living room light flipped on. And my former wife saw me standing there pointing my gun at the door. Apparently she didn't hear me when I first got up and was woken up when I used my command voice to shout at the would be intruder. Did I mention that I slept nude at the time? It was a true WTF moment.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Tomahawk wrote:
Well, that's at two stories of naked self-defense I've read on OCDO, now.
Yep.

Or maybe not. We've long considered the definition of a well dressed man includes a sidearm. So, despite lacking clothes, one could say he was well dressed.

Although I personally would never wear a Glock after 6:00 PM.

:D

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Riana wrote:
Tomahawk wrote:
Even naked people need to defend themselves, ya know. ;)
One more reason to wear jammies to bed. :D

"Honey, why are you all of a sudden wearingPJs to bed lately?"

"Well, dear. I've notice naked people end up having to defend themselves a lot. Just doing what I canto avoid a self-defense scenario. Did you lock the front door?" :D

Tomahawk

imported post

I rather think it would be priceless to see the shocked look on the intruder's face when confronted by an armed naked guy. I don't think many people would be comfortable running towards trouble without pants; you can be fairly certain those that do are serious and mean business.

Or they are absolutely crazy and may shoot you just for the hell of it, so maybe you should've picked a different house to rob.

TehGruu

imported post

Task Force 16 wrote:
One question.

When your wife did wake up and come to turn the lights on, did she have her glock in hand as well?

No, her G26 was tucked in still. We were both still young and learning though.

TehGruu

imported post

Tomahawk wrote:
I rather think it would be priceless to see the shocked look on the intruder's face when confronted by an armed naked guy. I don't think many people would be comfortable running towards trouble without pants; you can be fairly certain those that do are serious and mean business.

Or they are absolutely crazy and may shoot you just for the hell of it, so maybe you should've picked a different house to rob.

Yeah, some of the spearmen of the old Celtic tribes would fight naked. Well, they wore blue war paint, but that was it.

I'm sure they pulled it off and looked scary. I just looked like a crazy person.

FunkTrooper

imported post

That's why I wear my BLACKHAWK Tactical boxers, underwear worn by operators on missions around the world.

Just kidding but I'm sure there is a market for something like this:D

Task Force 16

Campaign Veteran
imported post

FunkTrooper wrote:
That's why I wear my BLACKHAWK Tactical boxers, underwear worn by operators on missions around the world.

Just kidding but I'm sure there is a market for something like this:D

Ya know what, I believe I've seen some tactical MOLE lingerie modeled somewhere.

Laurie! Was that you?

NightOwl

imported post

...if things keep going at this rate, there's going to be an OC nudist event, in due course. Which could be...interesting.

Tomahawk

imported post

NightOwl wrote:
...if things keep going at this rate, there's going to be an OC nudist event, in due course. Which could be...interesting.

Unfortunately, many of the OC'rs I've met do not inspire nakedness.

Pass.

[flash=320,256]http://www.youtube.com/v/kwoZjsHs86A&hl=en&fs=1&[/flash]

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

NightOwl wrote:
All the more reason to recruit more women to the cause!! :)

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Citizen wrote:
Tomahawk wrote:
Yep.

Or maybe not. We've long considered the definition of a well dressed man includes a sidearm. So, despite lacking clothes, one could say he was well dressed.

Beware! If it is before 6:00 PM, Citizen may very well have his glock in his hand. You may have to look closely though - its a sub-compact. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yata hey

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
Beware! If it is before 6:00 PM, Citizen may very well have his glock in his hand. You may have to look closely though - its a sub-compact. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yata hey
ROFLMAO!!!!!!!

Oh, that was good. I knew that sooner or later I was gonna pay for baiting you.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Citizen wrote:
Grapeshot wrote:

Yata hey
ROFLMAO!!!!!!!

Oh, that was good. I knew that sooner or later I was gonna pay for baiting you.
That was just the ante for today.

More later - DoubleTap says to time to eat NOW!

Happy Independence Day.

Yata hey

TehGruu

imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
Citizen wrote:
Tomahawk wrote:
Yep.

Yata hey
Lol! Sorry, Citizen, but that was funny!