• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Watch Yourselves While OCing For Next Few Days

Tomahawk

imported post

Washintonian_For_Liberty wrote:
Tomahawk wrote:
Back on topic: I find the two biggest problems with voice recorders is that they are inconvenient to carry and that they take too long to activate.
My voice recorder is an MP3 player with 4 gigs of storage... it will record approxemately 69 hours, 30 minutes of highest-quality stereo voice recordings you can ask for... so... get one like mine, turn it on when you leave the house... if you don't encounter anyone durring your outting... erase and start again.
Mine can do that, too, but it's rough on the batteries.

Kevin Jensen

State Researcher
imported post

This is the voice recorder that I use.

MP3_Watch_A218_1.gif

thx997303

imported post

Sorry, posted before I saw that, that site uses some poor english. How's that watch worked for you so far?

Does it work for nine hours like the site claims?

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Does it work without the remote mike?

Presume that it does as a wire running up one's arm in short sleeve shirt would not be covert.

Down loadable to a PC?

The "Jack Benny" position would put this recorder directly up front of the conversation.

Yata hey

Kevin Jensen

State Researcher
imported post

It works fine for me. I don't know if the battery will last as long as they claim, as I have not tried it.

The picture may be misleading. The wires are headphones. It is also an FM radio and 1GB MP3 player. The mic is inside the headphone jack. A USB cable also plugs into the same jack.

There were not many different watches available when I bought mine, but there are a lot more now. Check theseout.

Michigander

imported post

I think the video camera kinds of watches are a much better idea than just audio, especially with how cheap they've become. You can film covertly with your hands in a crossed position. All you have to do to film someone in that position is turn to talk to them, never even looking like you're filming them. This has obvious advantages when a huge gang of cops is crowding you and harassing you. Compared to other covert cameras, they are much easier to aim.

Similar to the way that police have a heavily wired interrogation room, with a fake out tape recorder to turn off to convince suspects they can talk, I think we all should carry one primary recorder which is hidden, and one recorder that we may or may not end up using, which the police can turn off confiscate or break if they get crazy. This is my current strategy, and I also carry a Sony Cybershot to go with these things. And a pen and paper to write notes down. You could say it's redundant and over kill, but it's much cheaper than losing a court case.

Tomahawk

imported post

I like the watch, but I already have a couple of good watches which I really like, and which I'm not going to spurn to wear that. I prefer mechanical watches, too (when the nukes hit and the zombies come, I'll still be able to tell the time until sundown. Will you?) Now when lots of higher-end watchmakers get into the game it might be a different story.

Still, it's a great idea.

I've been looking at recorders disguised as pens, but over on Amazon they all seem to get lousy reviews. Even if the pen works, people have trouble with the stupid proprietary software and video/audio formats. Given that I am holding out on buying a new computer until Win 7 is released later this year, I'm not about to splurge on a cheapo recorder that won't work with my new computer in a few months.

I guess I'll have to think about it. In the meantime, my little RCA does fine and records very clear audio, even over the car stereo and engine and road noise, so I'm not hurting.