• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

1st post

stormchaser

imported post

first off this is a great board,and i'm glad i found it,now

for my question, my wife has a taurus pt22 and i want

to get a Serpa holster for her but i cant find one anywhere

so far,anyone around ownsboro ky know where i can

get one (new or used)

thanks

kentuckyshiner85

imported post

try a fobus holster I don't know if they even make one for that model ,but they do make a good quality. they are retention holsters. Are you looking for oc or cc holsters? The fobus I have sticks out to far for cc so keep this in mind when looking for a holster. Hope this helps some.

stormchaser

imported post

kentuckyshiner85 wrote:
try a fobus holster I don't know if they even make one for that model ,but they do make a good quality. they are retention holsters. Are you looking for oc or cc holsters? The fobus I have sticks out to far for cc so keep this in mind when looking for a holster. Hope this helps some.

well i checked the web site and they don't have it

unless the WALTHER P22 will fit, she wants it to

where on her belt, outside, she said anthing on the inside

bother's her.

BigBubba

imported post

No offense, but if she's gonna carry, why not get her something a little bigger than a 22, i wouldn't want my wife carrying anything smaller than a .380 or a9mm. I know there is the rare occurrence of a 22 actually doing something more than making an attacker really mad, but its a real lucky shot or an undetermined attacker to stop it with a 22.

Bill Starks

State Researcher
imported post

While I agree with BigBubba, if you are still looking for a holster find a model that resembles the pistol in question then try the holster for it.
I found that Cobra .380 & 9mm's will fit in a Serpa 1911 holster. I just needed to heat the slide area on the holster a bit to form it for the Cobra due to it being a bit more square at the front site. 1911 weapons still fit, no issue.
I know other guys who have done the same thing for CZ's and other weapons.

stormchaser

imported post

BigBubba wrote:
No offense, but if she's gonna carry, why not get her something a little bigger than a 22, i wouldn't want my wife carrying anything smaller than a .380 or a9mm. I know there is the rare occurrence of a 22 actually doing something more than making an attacker really mad, but its a real lucky shot or an undetermined attacker to stop it with a 22.

no offense taken,i have lost a lot of many the last 3 mo's

on guns trying to find her one she can handle,she has

medical problems with both hands and can hardly pull the

trigger,untill i bought the taurus pt22,it was the only gun

she had vary little problems with,when we took it to the

range she hit 19 out of 20 bullseye at 25'with little or no problem

with her hand,i think we both knew at that time that was her

gun of choice i know it's not a power weapon,and i prey she

will never have to use it,but i have to believe at this point

that a .22 is better then no gun at all.with the 9mm she

couldn't pull the trigger on the third round,her hand just

got to weak.

stormchaser

imported post

M1Gunr wrote:
While I agree with BigBubba, if you are still looking for a holster find a model that resembles the pistol in question then try the holster for it.
I found that Cobra .380 & 9mm's will fit in a Serpa 1911 holster. I just needed to heat the slide area on the holster a bit to form it for the Cobra due to it being a bit more square at the front site. 1911 weapons still fit, no issue.
I know other guys who have done the same thing for CZ's and other weapons.

thanks for your help, i will take it to a bigger gun store

that has more choice's and she what i can come up with.

BigBubba

imported post

Sorry, Ididnt know there was an issue with anything larger, but if shes good with it, a 22is better than an empty hand.

Have you thought of a revolver maybe? My Taurus 605 has a fairly stout trigger pull in DA. But if she can cock the hammer back the SA trigger pull is really light, nearly hair trigger, and ur target is gonna know it when a 357Mag hollow point hits them.

Walkeraviator

Louisville, Commonwealth of Kentucky, , USA
imported post

From what I can tell, no company makes a kydex or any other polymer holster for your weapon. If she wants to get away from soft sided holsters, a nice leather holster is probably her only option. I think the problem is that most companies view a pistol like that as a pocket gun, so a belted holster wont sell good. Has she considered a tactical handbag/purse from galco?

stormchaser

imported post

Walkeraviator wrote:
From what I can tell, no company makes a kydex or any other polymer holster for your weapon. If she wants to get away from soft sided holsters, a nice leather holster is probably her only option. I think the problem is that most companies view a pistol like that as a pocket gun, so a belted holster wont sell good. Has she considered a tactical handbag/purse from galco?

well you was right about the leather holster,my brother-in-law

who hashad more guns in his life then i could count had

aleather holster that just fit her gun, when we was out there

yesterday this subject came up,he said come with me we went

up to his attic and he had about 12 big box's of holster's

and belts,rifle,and gun parts that i didn't even know he had

i knew he was into guns,and hunting and all that ,but i

didn't know he still had all a lot of what he owned over the

last 60 years, anyway it was like he knew where every

thing he he knew what box it was in, he pulled out about

4 box's and there was a box about the size a 46" t.v.

would come in full of holsters and belts,to make a long story short

there was the holster that fit her gun and what she like and could

live with,the hunt is over...........:celebrate