Thread: Just wanted to say hello

Post imported post

Hello All,

I have been reading this forum for quite some time now, and finally have decided to register. I currently reside in the State of Connecticut however that will all be changing soon as my girlfriend and I will be moving to the great state of Virginia in October. So just wanted to say hello and looking forward to meeting some of you at your OC dinners in the future.

Jay
    "Experience is a wonderful thing. It enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again"

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

Welcome Jay!

Get to know our laws here and I think you'll find that Virginia firearm laws are notas overbearing on a free man's conscience as many other places. Do you have an area of Virginia picked out to live yet?

Post imported post

You are right the laws in Virginia are so much better than in the northeastern states. The area that we live in hinges basically on where my girlfriend ends up working we are looking at any area between Fredricksburg, Richmond, and Charlottesville area. Probably will not live in the city, but somewhere outside we are both country through and through the city life really is not for us. Do not mind visiting or working in one, but not to live.
    "Experience is a wonderful thing. It enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again"

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar

Post imported post

Will look for you in the fall Jay.

Welcome aboard - hope the move goes well.

Yata hey
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Post imported post

I have to head up to CT in a few weeks, you will enjoy the freedom VA gives you.

Post imported post

I am sure I will I have been living in Connecticut all my life. Everything is so fricking expensive, and the gun laws suck!!!!

Post imported post

Jay wrote:
    my girlfriend and I will be moving to the great state of Virginia in October
    Welcome to the Commonwealth of Virginia!

Don't forget to join the VCDL.

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

Welcome aboard and a future welcome to our state. Please do learn the laws and also practice your soon-to-be-enjoyed new found freedom. You will be amazed.

Also, please learn and adopt Virginia customs and traditions. We'd like to keep what we have as much as possible.

In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?

Si vis pacem, para bellum.

America First!

Post imported post

Jay,

Do you know where in Virginia you will be moving to?

Post imported post

pourshot wrote:
    Jay,

Do you know where in Virginia you will be moving to?
    post number 3
    The area that we live in hinges basically on where my girlfriend ends up working we are looking at any area between Fredricksburg, Richmond, and Charlottesville area. Probably will not live in the city, but somewhere outside we are both country through and through the city life really is not for us. Do not mind visiting or working in one, but not to live.
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." - Thomas Jefferson