• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Just wanted to say hello

Jay

imported post

Hello All,

I have been reading this forum for quite some time now, and finally have decided to register. I currently reside in the State of Connecticut however that will all be changing soon as my girlfriend and I will be moving to the great state of Virginia in October. So just wanted to say hello and looking forward to meeting some of you at your OC dinners in the future.

Jay

jmelvin

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Welcome Jay!

Get to know our laws here and I think you'll find that Virginia firearm laws are notas overbearing on a free man's conscience as many other places. Do you have an area of Virginia picked out to live yet?

Jay

imported post

You are right the laws in Virginia are so much better than in the northeastern states. The area that we live in hinges basically on where my girlfriend ends up working we are looking at any area between Fredricksburg, Richmond, and Charlottesville area. Probably will not live in the city, but somewhere outside we are both country through and through the city life really is not for us. Do not mind visiting or working in one, but not to live.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Will look for you in the fall Jay.

Welcome aboard - hope the move goes well.

Yata hey

Jay

imported post

I am sure I will I have been living in Connecticut all my life. Everything is so fricking expensive, and the gun laws suck!!!!

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
imported post

Welcome aboard and a future welcome to our state. Please do learn the laws and also practice your soon-to-be-enjoyed new found freedom. You will be amazed.

Also, please learn and adopt Virginia customs and traditions. We'd like to keep what we have as much as possible.

VAopencarry

imported post

pourshot wrote:
Jay,

Do you know where in Virginia you will be moving to?
post number 3
The area that we live in hinges basically on where my girlfriend ends up working we are looking at any area between Fredricksburg, Richmond, and Charlottesville area. Probably will not live in the city, but somewhere outside we are both country through and through the city life really is not for us. Do not mind visiting or working in one, but not to live.