• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Bornes and Nobels

sudden valley gunner

imported post

Older gentleman reading a AR15 magazine.

"Excuse me, your piece is showing"

Me: "I know, perfectly legal in Washington state"

Him:" I know, it don't bother me,but I am trying to save you from getting hassled by all these treehuggers who wouldn't like it" (nodding his head towards a hippy looking lady down the aisle looking our way)

Me: "Oh them, nah they don't bother me"

He shrugs his shoulders and returns to reading his magazine, and I continued looking for mine.

G27

imported post

With the amount of coverage that has been going on, it's not surprising to find more and more Washingtonians knowing OC is legal. Great encounter. Wish everyone of them was like this.

Aaron1124

imported post

That's funny. I never understood the whole "Treehuggers = anti gun protesters" though.

I consider myself to be a HUGE environmentalist and pro wildlife supporter, but I'm also a strong supporter of the 2nd amendment and the U.S. Citizen's rights to carry firearms.

FunkTrooper

imported post

Aaron1124 wrote:
That's funny. I never understood the whole "Treehuggers = anti gun protesters" though.

I consider myself to be a HUGE environmentalist and pro wildlife supporter, but I'm also a strong supporter of the 2nd amendment and the U.S. Citizen's rights to carry firearms.
Treehugger is used as a negative term for someone just how the word liberal is so often used to describe people with anti-gun sentiments. I really hate these labels because for me to consider someone a liberal or a treehugger I have to know more about them other than they just hate guns.