• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Nashville restaurant owner sues to stop concealed carry

Task Force 16

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Here's a link to Mr Rayburns legalpetition. His attorney, John Randolph Smith,practiceswrongful injury and civil law.

http://www.drslawfirm.com/gunsinbarscomplaint.pdf

I'm still reading it, but so far, I've gotten some really good laughs from it.

It basically says, about the sign postage, that Mr Rayburn fears he'll loose business if he post "NO FIREARMS" signs on his doors. Funny, the opponants of this law claim that the majority of citizens don't want to dine with our guns in the room. So, I would think that the only business he would loose would be that of HCP holders that refuse to enter his establishments unarmed. Since we are in a very small minority, I don't see that as a great loss to him.

On the other hand,

Could it be that many of Mr Rayburns regualr patrons have expressed there concern for their safety dining in a GFZ, knowing that these equal "Killing Fields"?

Could it be that these patrons have expressed dissaproval of beingpotential unarmed victems both inside the restaurant and outside in the parking lots?

Could it be that Mr Rayburn knows that when he post signs barring firearms, he's inviting criminal activity to his establishments?

He could be caught between a rock and hard place here, too.

He may be under pressure to post signage by metro and county officials. They may be threatening him with more scrutiny in regards to health and fire codes (or other means)if he allows guns to be carried in by HCP holders.

KBCraig

imported post

The argument is just plain silly.

Of the 8 states bordering Tennessee, only one (North Carolina) prohibits guns in restaurants where alcohol is served. At least one (Arkansas) voted to allow restaurant carry after several years of banning guns anywhere alcohol was served.

buster81

imported post

KBCraig wrote:
The argument is just plain silly.

Of the 8 states bordering Tennessee, only one (North Carolina) prohibits guns in restaurants where alcohol is served. At least one (Arkansas) voted to allow restaurant carry after several years of banning guns anywhere alcohol was served.
Yes, but facts areconfusingfor these people. They feel, they don't think.

Task Force 16

Campaign Veteran
imported post

It just dawned on me that this Randy Rayburn is a great example of some one not wanting toexcept responsibility.

He was perfectly fine while the State was forbiding firearms in his establishments. It wasn't causing any harm to his business and life was wonderful for him.

But now that the responsibility is going to fall on him to forbit firearms, by posting signage, suddenly his business is being placed in grave danger. He's going to be hit with undue liabilities thatcould destroy him.

um hmm.... What happened to the "No Guns-No Crime" crede these anti-gunners always spout off about? They not buyiong their own BS any more? :lol:

I have a feeling this Randy Rayburn has been allowing firearms to be carryied into his establishments (unlawfully) by some of his best customers (big money people) all this time. Some of them probably didn't even have a HCP, maybe even felons. All the while letting the State laws prohibit other HCP holders from entering. Now he's worried that if he has to post NO FIREARMS signs, those customers will stop patronizing his businesses, because that signage will have to apply to everyone.

If you read his petition, the whole thing screams, "I DON"T WANNA BE RESPONSIBLE!" :cry:

Life was so much easier for him when the "Nanny State" took care of him. :lol:

SlackwareRobert

imported post

More likely he is worried about an inlaw with a long criminal history being
stopped from making a living. If the only safe place to rob people is his
bars then he must face his customers with those facts.
Better to have lots of other places to rob. :banghead::banghead: