• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

An Open Carry Two-fer Political Rally + teach NRA ILA what grass roots means

Thundar

imported post

The NRA wants to talk grass roots strategy in Virginia Beach.

Woooooo Hooooo Open Carry and a chance to teach the NRA dudes what grass roots mean, and....

...........the NRA is buying the beverages and light snacks.

Here is the e-Mail they sent me:

Attend FREE Virginia Volunteer Kick-Off Meeting in VA Beach On July 16!

DEAR XXXXXXXXXXXX

This November, Virginia's elections will be ground zero for the enemies of freedom to try and turn the tide against our gun rights in the Commonwealth, serving as a launching pad for their national gun ban crusade. Our opponents will be pulling out all the stops as a run-up to the 2010 elections. All eyes will be on us!

To ensure we are prepared to meet the challenges and opportunities we will face this election season, NRA-ILA is hosting a free volunteer kick-off meeting on Thursday, July 16, at 6:30 p.m.

At this meeting, we will lay out our plans for our grassroots election strategies in your area and show you how you can help. You will also get to meet and begin working with your NRA-ILA Campaign Field Representative -- an NRA-ILA staff person who will be living in your area, coordinating our volunteer activities right through Election Day, Nov. 3!

This meeting is absolutely free and beverages and light snacks will be provided. It will run only about 60-90 minutes. Please make plans to attend and encourage your fellow NRA members and Second Amendment supporters to attend as well.

[align=center]Here are the details:
Thursday, July 16
6:30 p.m.
Double Tree Hotel Virginia Beach
Sequoia Room
1900 Pavilion Drive
Virginia Beach, VA 23451
757-422-8900
FREE PARKING!!!
[url]http://doubletree1.hilton.com/en_US/dt/hotel/ORFBNDT-Doubletree-Hotel-Virginia-Beach-Virginia/index.do[/url]
[/align]
To register for this free event, please click here, or call the NRA-ILA Grassroots Division at (800) 392-VOTE (8683).

I look forward to personally seeing you in Virginia Beach on July 16!

Yours in freedom,

Glen
Glen Caroline, Director
NRA-ILA Grassroots Division