Thread: First comment on my OC

Post imported post

Just got back from picking up a prescription with my wife. OCed into the drugstore. When we got to the back of the store and sat down to wait next to another couple the gentleman asked me, "Are you police? Or..." I told him, "No, I'm not police."

He said, "Oh, is that that new law?"
    I told him, "No, I think what you're maybe referring to allows you to carry in restaurants that serve alcohol and some other places. But to the best of my knowledge, as long as you have a Georgia Firearms License (GFL) you've been able to open carry in Georgia for years."

End of conversation. First comment I've gotten in the couple of weeks that I've been OCing.

Post imported post

Jerry wrote:
    Just got back from picking up a prescription with my wife.* OCed into the drugstore.* When we got to the back of the store and sat down to wait next to another couple the gentleman asked me, "Are you police? Or..."* I told him, "No, I'm not police."

I told him, "No, I think what you're maybe referring to allows you to carry in restaurants that serve alcohol and some other places.* But to the best of my knowledge, as long as you have a Georgia Firearms License (GFL) you've been able to open carry in Georgia for years."

End of conversation.* First comment I've gotten in the couple of weeks that I've been OCing.
    Most non gun owners do not know the law, educate them it will make this world a better place for all.
    S/F Vic

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

reconvic wrote:
    Jerry wrote:
    Just got back from picking up a prescription with my wife. OCed into the drugstore. When we got to the back of the store and sat down to wait next to another couple the gentleman asked me, "Are you police? Or..." I told him, "No, I'm not police."

I told him, "No, I think what you're maybe referring to allows you to carry in restaurants that serve alcohol and some other places. But to the best of my knowledge, as long as you have a Georgia Firearms License (GFL) you've been able to open carry in Georgia for years."

End of conversation. First comment I've gotten in the couple of weeks that I've been OCing.
    Most non gun owners do not know the law, educate them it will make this world a better place for all.
    S/F Vic
    I would venture to say that perhaps most gun owners also don't know the law in their states as it pertains to the carrying of firearms, open or concealed. I have gotten a host of very interesting comments and sureties from gun owners over the years that just surprised the heck out of me.

In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?

Si vis pacem, para bellum.

America First!

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

Jerry wrote:

Never pass up an opertunity to educate.

Post imported post

SouthernBoy wrote:
    reconvic wrote:
    Jerry wrote:
    Just got back from picking up a prescription with my wife.* OCed into the drugstore.* When we got to the back of the store and sat down to wait next to another couple the gentleman asked me, "Are you police? Or..."* I told him, "No, I'm not police."

I told him, "No, I think what you're maybe referring to allows you to carry in restaurants that serve alcohol and some other places.* But to the best of my knowledge, as long as you have a Georgia Firearms License (GFL) you've been able to open carry in Georgia for years."

End of conversation.* First comment I've gotten in the couple of weeks that I've been OCing.
    S/F Vic
    I would venture to say that perhaps most gun owners also don't know the law in their states as it pertains to the carrying of firearms, open or concealed. I have gotten a host of very interesting comments and sureties from gun owners over the years that just surprised the heck out of me.

Oh I would never have thought it but I agree after some of the things I have read here, no offense meant to anyone. Just I don't think most do know the laws of thier state. One reason I feel training is a must or you will be a victim in court.
    S/F Vic