• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC motorcycle ride

jarhead1911A

imported post

Well its that time of year again and i know its been discussed before to length but as its july already lets get something going for something late july or early august.

any idea's on were to go? any intrest in this???

sirpuma

imported post

OC Ride?

switzerland_guns0502.jpg

:celebrate:celebrate

5jeffro7

imported post

I can't positively commit to anything at the moment: because of my schedule with my daughter (I could only make it on the 2nd or 4th weekend(s) of the month), and ATTEMPTING to sell my sporty (obviously IF it sells, I'll be unable to ride with all y'all), I can't definately commit to anything...but if I don't have my daughter & still have the bike..I'm game.

a good ride that's been talked about on another forum and they've already got a ride planned is the following:

I love the road to Windy Ridge View Point in the Mt St Helens National Monument. It's NFD 99. The road conditions site for the GPNF is here:
http://www.fs.fed.us/gpnf/recreation/current-conditions/roads.shtml
We could meet at Bahma Coffee Bar in Stevenson, Wa, ride up through Carson and Stabler, up the Wind River Highway/NFD 30 to Curly Creek Road, then west on NFD 90, north up NFD 25, and take NFD 99 to the view point.

Google Maps Info on the route:
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=256+SW+2nd+St,+Stevenson,+WA+98648+(Bahma+Coffee+Bar)&daddr=Windy+Ridge+Viewpoint,+Stevenson,+Skamania,+Washington+98648&hl=en&geocode=FRw5uQIdQDG8-CH36Mnx_MbZpA%3BFbC2wQIdD1e4-A&mra=ls&sll=46.009362,-121.978455&sspn=0.632369,1.235962&ie=UTF8&ll=46.00952,-121.97866&spn=1.264706,2.471924&z=9

For those that don't want to check out the url for google maps, it's about 80 miles one way, with the last gas in Stabler, WA, going up through the woods.

Now what I need to know is if you will go, and which weekend would be the best for the most people. We've done this kind of thing before to figure out what is the best weekend for LCR, and it works mostly. Vote and we'll figure it out.

Someone that lives up in the Puget Sound area could get a group together for Hurricane Ridge. That's a good one, too.

this is going to be on the 25th of july, and one might want to check the regs about weapons in the st. Helens national park if this is doable for y'all