• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

1ST Open carry

blowfish852252000

imported post

Well today I had to go deposit My paycheck so I went to ICU at fred myer on bakerview. was a little scared but I acted normal just alked in the bank and had no hassle. I dont not think people even noticed. then I went to 711 on northwest and had alot of looks but no biggy. so then I went to Cornwall park on the guide and walked around. had a bunch of people look at me funny. Acouple people walked up to me and asked if it was legal to OC I said yes it was and showed them the pamphlet i printed off of here. I was a scary experiance but it went great for the first time with no hassles..

Magister

imported post

Darn, I might have just missed you at the 7-11 too. I live just up the street but I have NEVER seen an OC'er in person. :( Oh, if you dont mind the question Blowfish, where do you work security at in Blaine? I used to do a lot of security stuff and might again, plus I used to live in Blaine. Seems everyone in blaine knows my fathers truck. Big bright orange dodge 1500 p/u with a huge factory spoiler. Daytona edition.

jbone

imported post

Very cool, If you're looking for action hook up with Sudden Valley Gunner.He promises an eventful time or your money back.

blowfish852252000

imported post

jbone wrote:
Very cool, If you're looking for action hook up with Sudden Valley Gunner.He promises an eventful time or your money back.
really him and have been talking on here for about a week he seems like a cool dude. I had about 3 people come up to me and ask if it was legal because they had a cpl so i told them about this site.. I was thinking maybe we should all get together and have like a OC BBQ in bellingham.. how would i start that..

Magister

imported post

That would be great. The last time I heard about an OC meetup in Boringham, I had a some job training to do. It sucked. :( Once I get working again I swear i'll buy me a good holster for OC! Finding a good holster for a CZ can bea pain...

fatalhubris

imported post

Magister wrote:
That would be great.  The last time I heard about an OC meetup in Boringham, I had a some job training to do.  It sucked. :(    Once I get working again I swear i'll buy me a good holster for OC!  Finding a good holster for a CZ can be a pain...

this may help

http://www.hbeleatherworks.com/

sudden valley gunner

imported post

A BBQ would be great! We haven't had a meet since Febuary at IHOP it went well. Good job on the OC, you will find eventually it just becomes your daily routine. At least it is for me I feel "naked" without wearing my gun now.

jbone

imported post

I'm Good for another bellingham meet.

amlevin

imported post

Magister wrote:
Finding a good holster for a CZ can bea pain...

I know the feeling. I have a CZ75 SO-01 and finally had to go online to get a holster for it. A BladeTech w/o retention. CZ's can definitely be tough to fit and most end up with an Uncle Mike's nylon holster that "sort of" fits".

Good luck.

blowfish852252000

imported post

sudden valley gunner wrote:
unfortunately due to recent events I am going to miss some of the others so a Bham meet would work well for me. I am fairly open to times.

how would some one start something like a OC event. I talked to a guy at the park yesterday and he said the Bellingham police actually arrested him. i was thinking maybe like the OC event here in bellingham maybe with a news crew that way the sheep in bellingham and the police know the laws of washington??????

shad0wfax

imported post

Open carrying is a very liberating experience; It gets easier to do the more often you do it and it becomes increasingly easy to talk to people you meet while doing it as you become more experienced as well. Carrying some of the Washington Gun Rights pamphlets with you is a good way to get the word out as well.

sudden valley gunner

imported post

blowfish852252000 wrote:
unfortunately due to recent events I am going to miss some of the others soa Bham meet would work well for me. I am fairly open to times.

how would some one start something like a OC event. I talked to a guy at the park yesterday and he said the Bellingham police actually arrested him. i was thinking maybe like the OC event here in bellingham maybe with a news crew that way the sheep in bellingham and the police know the laws of washington??????
When was that guy arrested and what park? That sounds like the park for the meet to me. And we need to make sure he is invited along with the Bellingham police. Did he win his case? Intriguing, I haven't had a run in with BPD but I have a feeling I will. I really need to get a good recorder.

blowfish852252000

imported post

blowfish852252000 wrote:
unfortunately due to recent events I am going to miss some of the others soa Bham meet would work well for me. I am fairly open to times.

When was that guy arrested and what park? That sounds like the park for the meet to me. And we need to make sure he is invited along with the Bellingham police. Did he win his case? Intriguing, I haven't had a run in with BPD but I have a feeling I will. I really need to get a good recorder.
I do not remember i think he said last year. he doesknow about this site. I think he also said lake padden. I think the courts dropped the case he said that a bunch of members on here actually wanted to start a poll to help him with attorney cost.....