• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Take care!

Oscarr

imported post

I won't be visiting this forum much anymore. I thought this was a forum for adults? Both "Sides" (lol sides, how ridiculous, it's like freaking high school all over again) are doing the same crap. Anytime ANYONE posts ANYTHING, the personal attacks begin. It doesn't even matter who posts first, the other "side" is bound and determined to jump in with a snide remark. As I mentioned in my VERY FIRST thread on these forums:

If everyone posted something along those lines, threads would be 95% garbage posts and then you couldn't find anything worth reading hardly.
And sure enough, I get back from being out of town for a day, and there's threads full of nothing but personal attacks, and spamming of "*", year-old threads being bumped for the sole purpose of adding a "*" reply. All of you people that hate mark are getting to be just like him. Instead of worrying about OC stuff related, ya'll are using this forum as your own personal little war-ground of mud-slinging. People creating accounts for the sole purpose of anonymously slinging perverbial internet-mud.

Apparently the forums are not moderated (or are severely understaffed), so I'm gonna attempt to go find some place that's a bit more mature. I'll check in here still occassionally from time to time (there's definitely some good people here with some good things to say), maybe the bull-@#$% level will have dropped some by them.

Thanks for the welcome those that welcomed me and were able to stay out of the MEM&Co. vs. NOLA&Co private my-dick-is-bigger-than-yours contest. And to those acting like spoiled brats -- grow the hell up.

nolacopusmc

Banned
imported post

Oscarr wrote:
I won't be visiting this forum much anymore. I thought this was a forum for adults? Both "Sides" (lol sides, how ridiculous, it's like freaking high school all over again) are doing the same crap. Anytime ANYONE posts ANYTHING, the personal attacks begin. It doesn't even matter who posts first, the other "side" is bound and determined to jump in with a snide remark. As I mentioned in my VERY FIRST thread on these forums:

If everyone posted something along those lines, threads would be 95% garbage posts and then you couldn't find anything worth reading hardly.
And sure enough, I get back from being out of town for a day, and there's threads full of nothing but personal attacks, and spamming of "*", year-old threads being bumped for the sole purpose of adding a "*" reply. All of you people that hate mark are getting to be just like him. Instead of worrying about OC stuff related, ya'll are using this forum as your own personal little war-ground of mud-slinging. People creating accounts for the sole purpose of anonymously slinging perverbial internet-mud.

Apparently the forums are not moderated (or are severely understaffed), so I'm gonna attempt to go find some place that's a bit more mature. I'll check in here still occassionally from time to time (there's definitely some good people here with some good things to say), maybe the bull-@#$% level will have dropped some by them.

Thanks for the welcome those that welcomed me and were able to stay out of the MEM&Co. vs. NOLA&Co, and to the rest -- grow the hell up.

We will morn your passing. Very dramatic though. Good riddens. When you find this Utopia you speak of, write again.

later loser.

nolacopusmc

Banned
imported post

Oscarr wrote:

Thanks for the welcome those that welcomed me and were able to stay out of the MEM&Co. vs. NOLA&Co private my-dick-is-bigger-than-yours contest. And to those acting like spoiled brats -- grow the hell up.

wrightme

imported post

Oscarr, you could visit the areas for some other states. Not all of them get such activity. In fact, this seems to be a little enclave of such. Localized disturbance, microburst, and yes, it IS quite the two-sided event.

Oscarr

imported post

Oh ya, I've definitely been looking in some of the other forums. I'll still be here too, just with far less participation. It's kinda scary that someone this childish could be a cop. I'm actually hoping his account was hacked or something.

So, tell me about Nevada. ;)

nolacopusmc

Banned
imported post

Oscarr wrote:
Oh ya, I've definitely been looking in some of the other forums. I'll still be here too, just with far less participation. It's kinda scary that someone this childish could be a cop. I'm actually hoping his account was hacked or something.

So, tell me at Nevada. ;)

wrightme

imported post

Oscarr wrote:

Well, one thing that is just beginning in Nevada, that hopefully will begin moving to other areas of our country (such as your LA) is that the ACLU is now supportive of the ENTIRE BoR, including the 2nd Amendment. You know, that pesky RKBA that LE seem to be intent on squishing down there....

XD-GEM

Campaign Veteran
imported post

wrightme wrote:
Oscarr wrote:

Well, one thing that is just beginning in Nevada, that hopefully will begin moving to other areas of our country (such as your LA) is that the ACLU is now supportive of the ENTIRE BoR, including the 2nd Amendment. You know, that pesky RKBA that LE seem to be intent on squishing down there....

Funny you should mention that. There was a story in the Times Picayune this week about the ACLU getting involved in a lawsuit here in New orleans seeking the return of a man's gun from authorities who arrested him but later declined to charge him. the guy may ultimately be proven a bad guy, but the law should still be followed - no crime, no confiscation without return.

http://www.nola.com/news/t-p/metro/index.ssf?/base/news-34/1246599031151650.xml&coll=1

Man sues N.O. to get gun back

Friday, July 03, 2009
By Brendan McCarthy
Staff writer
An eastern New Orleans man filed a federal lawsuit Thursday against the city of New Orleans, its police chief and district attorney for refusing to return a handgun that police seized last year in a drug and gun case that was eventually dropped.

The lawsuit, filed by the American Civil Liberties Union of Louisiana, alleges that Erroll Houston Jr., 28, is licensed to carry his firearm and that he is entitled to its return because the charged against him were refused by prosecutors.

Houston, a painting contractor, was arrested last July and booked with illegally carrying a weapon and a count of possession of marijuana. Charges were refused a month later, according to court records.

"His firearm, which he is and was entitled to carry, has been confiscated for no reason," ACLU of Louisiana executive director Marjorie Esman said in a news release.

Houston asked New Orleans police for his gun, but was referred to District Attorney Leon Cannizzaro's office, the ACLU said.

Cannizzaro said Thursday evening that it was unclear why the charges were refused.

The NOPD did not return a request for comment.

. . . . . . .

Brendan McCarthy can be reached at bmccarthy@timespicayune.com or 504.826.3301.

nolacopusmc

Banned
imported post

wrightme wrote:
Oscarr wrote:

SO is it LE's fault that the RKBA is being infringed or is it legislature? With the exception of the occassional ignorant or unethical cop, LEO can only enforce those laws which are passed.

Who is really to blame?