• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

TEA party in Arvada July 4th

RichB 99GTP

imported post

This will be my first TEA party and the local one in Arvada is quite close to my home. I'll be there open carrying.This will be my first OC experience, but Ifeelit's anexcellentexcuse fora firsttime. The wife will probably pitch a fit, as I haven't told her about the OC part (she is worried that people will be nervous), but I'm going to stand my ground on this one!! First time OC here we come! :)

All are welcome to come join!

1:00PM- 8:00PM

9101 Ralston Rd

Arvada, CO 80002

For more details, check out http://teapartygrassroots.com/?p=887

entartet17

imported post

I really wanted to be there but I was at the Monument parade this morning and I really didnt have the time to do both. I hope it goes well.

RichB 99GTP

imported post

I did make it to the party. About 300 or so people attended, which I guess is pretty good for Arvada. I saw no media coverage at all.:X

The OC part went well, which I guess I shouldn't be surprised about due to the comments made here. No one called the police (that I'm aware of), and no women or children ran away screaming. Oh, for the record, I was carrying my SigSauer P228 in a Serpa Blackhawk and my sony voice recorder. :)

I was a bit surprised that I was the only person I could find that open carried. :?

I did have three people come up and ask questions about OC. The first was a guy in his thirties that wanted to know if I was an officer, he was quite surprised when I told him it was perfectly legal to carry the way that I was, and handed him a Colorado Gun Laws pamphlet (thanks for those!!). He told me he had a CCW, but had no idea OC was legal and washappyto find out about it. He might even show up here on the forum! The second two were older gentlemen that just wanted to know if I'd had any negative reaction from the crowd, which I hadn't.

One of the older guys was a photographer there for the event. He took my picture, without my knowing, and gave me his card. Told me to contact him if I want a copy of the pic. LOL

OC cherry popped!

RichB 99GTP

imported post

Edit: One of the local tv stations did show up after I left and had a neutral report on the 10:00 news. Glad to see there was some coverage of the event!!