Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: .50 cal blows hole the size of Mack truck?

Post imported post

I thought that this story should be brought out to any that may not have seen it. This is more ammo for the "Brady Bunch".

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/31722097...me_and_courts/

If you do not test yourself every single day,
    then it is just another wasted day.
    --Semper Fi--

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

I hate exaggeration. It completely offsets any credibility of the "teller" of the story when he exaggerates. Blows a hole through someone the size of a Mack truck??? Not only impossible, but ridiculous.

In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?

Si vis pacem, para bellum.

America First!

Post imported post

Wow. My Deasert Eagle would surely rip my wallet but not that big.

I honestly don't know anyone the size of a Mack Truck either.

Banned
    Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin, USA

Post imported post

He's a bureaucrat with zero credibility ab initio.

Post imported post

What is up with this horrible exaggeration?

One of my Drill SGTs in BCT claimed that a MISS from an M2 would blow your arm off.

And he was Infantry for hell sakes.

Post imported post

When I was stationed at Fort Carson, some idiot soldier had misappropriated some Hoffman simulator charges (tank cannon simulators) The reporter that wrote about it stated that these devices could "rock a tank back on it's treads" at the time I was the Division Master Gunner, of the 4th Inf. Div. and the "tank gunnery expert". I wrote a rebuttal, officially from the office of the G-3. SOB never printed my story.
    This is the normal reactionary response from people trying to push their agenda's to people who have no idea of what they're talking about, from more of the same. We all know a "Desert Eagle" 50 cal is a powerful handgun and the Drug Cartels have the money to buy any kind of weapons they want. Personally I can't even get my hand around a .44 mag IMI Eagle and wouldn't want one. But hey methinks this was a "show off" drug dealer.

‘‘Laws that forbid the carrying of arms... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes... Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.’’ Thomas Jefferson

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

thx997303 wrote:

One of my Drill SGTs in BCT claimed that a MISS from an M2 would blow your arm off.

Ha, ha. It is funny, though isn't it? Two of the most absurd exaggerations I have heard over the years about firearms were theses.

A near miss by a .45ACP could still knock a man down..

Years ago, my wife gave me a .357 Ruger Blackhawk for Christmas. Before having shot it, I went to a party and soon got into a conversation with someone whom I had just met. I told him about my new gift and that I was anxious to fire it. He asked me if I had ever fired a .357 before and I said, "no". He then told me I had better tape my wrist and lean against a tree because people have been known to get their wrists broken by the "kick" of a .357 Magnum.

In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?

Si vis pacem, para bellum.

America First!

Post imported post

SouthernBoy wrote:
    thx997303 wrote:

Ha, ha. It is funny, though isn't it? Two of the most absurd exaggerations I have heard over the years about firearms were theses.

Years ago, my wife gave me a .357 Ruger Blackhawk for Christmas. Before having shot it, I went to a party and soon got into a conversation with someone whom I had just met. I told him about my new gift and that I was anxious to fire it. He asked me if I had ever fired a .357 before and I said, "no". He then told me I had better tape my wrist and lean against a tree because people have been known to get their wrists broken by the "kick" of a .357 Magnum.
    Contender Pistol with 10" octagon barrel chambered in .45-70; even if you miss, the muzzle blast will still set the target on fire.

That one is NOT an exaggeration, because I've done it. ;-)
    "The fourth man's dark, accusing song had scratched our comfort hard and long..."
    http://edhelper.com/poetry/The_Hangm...rice_Ogden.htm

https://gunthreadadapters.com

"Be not intimidated ... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your Liberties by any pretense of Politeness, Delicacy, or Decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for Hypocrisy, Chicanery, and Cowardice." - John Adams

Tyranny with Manners is still Tyranny.

Post imported post

The whole myth of missing with a .50 cal and tearing someone's arm off is somethin even in the infantry you here all the time. A lot of our machine gunners will say that a lot. I guess to make their weapons and themselves sound so powerful since well they are a support assest to the real infantry men the 0311's.

Semper Fi

Post imported post

Well I guess that makes sense. Yeah our 11B's are definitely men who have earned my respect.

Post imported post

Who cares if the drug dealers have a 50cal Desert Eagle, they probably never shot it before and don't know how to use it. I on the other hand have a 1911 and know how to use it therefore my pistol is far more effective than his 50cal.

Post imported post

I think many here don't know how large .50 Cal bullet is?
    Don't confuse it with a .500 S & W , they are two different animals.
    A 50 cal. is bolted to a Chopper or used in a Barret Rifle Custom Made. a .500 S & W is a handgun bullet that I feel it's place is in the woods hunting only.
    Just for those they made be getting confused.
    S/F Vic

Post imported post

Well the Desert Eagle shoots the .50AE. So there. :P

Post imported post

I have shot the bro, When hunting I like carrying a D.E. myself. for wild boar it is fun.
    S/F Vic

Post imported post

ixtow wrote:
    SouthernBoy wrote:
    thx997303 wrote:

Contender Pistol with 10" octagon barrel chambered in .45-70; even if you miss, the muzzle blast will still set the target on fire.

EPIC!

Post imported post

marshaul wrote:
    Well the Desert Eagle shoots the .50AE. So there. :P
    The smallest, least powerful of common .50cal cartridges. I believe even a sub-sonic .510 whisper hits harder...

So lets all go blow holes the size Mack Trucks in objects much smaller than Mack Trucks.....
    "The fourth man's dark, accusing song had scratched our comfort hard and long..."

"Be not intimidated ... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your Liberties by any pretense of Politeness, Delicacy, or Decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for Hypocrisy, Chicanery, and Cowardice." - John Adams

Post imported post

pullnshoot25 wrote:
    ixtow wrote:
    SouthernBoy wrote:
    thx997303 wrote:

EPIC!
    The RO couldn't stop laughing, but I think he was laughing at the idea of me missing the target at 10yds, not the burning cardboard.... And, no, I haven't met anyone yet (besides myself) who could hang on to the damn thing. It has more recoil than any firearm I have ever shot. It's nickname is "The Howitzer with a Handle."

Post imported post

Dude, haven't you ever played video games? .50AE is the only thing more powerful than the .45 ACP.

But seriously, I wish I weren't constrained by the laws of physics. Vaporizing people with a handgun is the stuff of dreams.

Edit: Not my dreams, though. :P

Post imported post

marshaul wrote:
    Dude, haven't you ever played video games? .50AE is the only thing more powerful than the .45 ACP.

But seriously, I wish I weren't constrained by the laws of physics. Vaporizing people with a handgun is the stuff of dreams.

Edit: Not my dreams, though. :P
    You have irrefutable photographic proof that 'dirty harry guns' can blow up the world! Why haven't the Brady bunch used this evidence to back up their words???? Someone needs to tell them!

Post imported post

C'mon guys, enough joking. If this is a site for firearms enthusiasts, it's time we learned what our calibers are capable of.

Here's a little diagram for the caliber noobs:

Edit: Hopefully that explains the photographic proof I've provided above.

Post imported post

.50 cal isn't really that amazing when you consider that old time muskets shot a .50 cal ball of lead. As far as I'm concerned anything that shoots .50cal is outdated technology.

Post imported post

FunkTrooper wrote:
    .50 cal isn't really that amazing when you consider that old time muskets shot a .50 cal ball of lead. As far as I'm concerned anything that shoots .50cal is outdated technology.
    What are you talking about? You need to keep up with the discussion. See the previous page.

Post imported post

marshaul wrote:
    C'mon guys, enough joking. If this is a site for firearms enthusiasts, it's time we learned what our calibers are capable of.

Here's a little diagram for the caliber noobs:

Edit: Hopefully that explains the photographic proof I've provided above.
    ROFL!! WIN!

Post imported post

I'd like to see the custom gold-plated bling bling Desert Eagle that thing goes in! It mush have to be hauled around in a C130.

Post imported post

He must have been refering to a Tonka Mack Truck......:celebrate
    Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast