• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Confronted in Target by 4 unarmed Security!

Pace

imported post

Was looking for boxes for my move, and parked my truck in the parking lot.

As I left the parking lot to go into Target, I noticed the security in the Parking Lot Eying me. HEre's the basic conversation as I enter and approach a manager:

Me: "Hi!"
F/Manager:"Hey! Howya doing , welcome to Target!"
Me: "Great, thank you! Do you have any boxes for sale?"
F/M: "No, we don't carry boxes, sorry, but we have some from shipping that we can give to you."
Me: "Thank you very much, but I need specific boxes. I told my girlfriend that they didnt sell them in target, I knew I was right"
F/M: "No problem, anyway I gotta deal with something, we have a situation in the parking lot right now."
(She notices I'm carrying my Glock 22)
F/M: "Oh my! You are the guy carrying the gun, are you a police officer"
(4 security guards start to approach me, unarmed)
Me: "I used to be in law enforcement, but not anymore."
F/M: "OH, so you are just MR. Citizen Arrest now?" (very rude)
Me: "No, I just dont like wearing my jacket in 105' weather to always cover my sidearm."
Security: "Sir, what do you need, why are you here?"
Me: "I came to pick up some boxes, is there an issue?"
Security: "Why are yuo carrying a gun?"
Me: "I assure you, it has nothing to with me buying boxes, is there a problem, do you not allow guns in Target?"
Security:"Are you a police officer? Why are you carrying a gun."
Me: "To protect myself, my family, and honestly since you aren't carrying you."

At that time, I just walk out of Target to my car, where they follow me back to it and watch me leave.

I always wonder when people confront you, why they dont tell you if they can/can not carry in the store, and are more interested in having a conversation with you on why you have it. I carry a weapon almost everywhere I am allowed to by law, period.

Best,
Pace

Pace

imported post

I was going to shop in target, not lurk. Do you lurk in Target Parking Lots? :shock:

The target is a block away from a gun range, you'd think they'd get more than one person with a gun in there.

timf343

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Not sure man, I was just curious because you had 5 people on you the moment you walked through the door, and it seemed like they were already on their way to respond to a report of MWAG, which seems like an ultra-quick response.