• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Riding bus today

sudden valley gunner

imported post

Me and my step son are going to ride the bus into town today from Sudden Valley. He is going to be my videographer, if any unfortunate circumstances happen. I have my cpl, so I should be good to go. I definately need to get a recorder very soon.

I am not doing this to test, but because of some recent events we are not able to take our car, and we still want to go check out the TEA party.

After I posted I googled and saw this for WTA (Whatcom Transit Authority)

http://www.ridewta.com/node/25

Passenger Conduct
1. Just as we treat you with courtesy, we expect you to treat our Drivers, Customer Service Representatives, Dispatchers and other Riders with consideration. Fighting, throwing things, pushing, shouting, hitting, spitting, and using abusive language are considered serious service disruptions and are not allowed. Abusive language on the telephone is also prohibited. Some disruptions are grounds for immediate suspension of service.

2. Personal hygiene must meet acceptable standards for the comfort and safety of all.

3. All riders must comply with safety rules established in Washington State Law (Title 9.91.025) which forbids smoking, eating or drinking, spitting, the playing of radios or other noisy equipment, possession of firearms, weaponry, and hazardous chemicals or acid on public transit vehicles.

Bold and italics mine.

Wish me luck.

Boo Boo

Banned
imported post

typical washington government. servers are not working as usual. but google cache works

(1) A person is guilty of unlawful bus conduct if while on or in a municipal transit vehicle as defined by RCW[/b] 46.04.355 or in or at a municipal transit station and with knowledge that the conduct is prohibited, he or she:

(a) Except while in or at a municipal transit station, smokes or carries a lighted or smoldering pipe, cigar, or cigarette;

(b) Discards litter other than in designated receptacles;

(c) Plays any radio, recorder, or other sound-producing equipment except that nothing herein prohibits the use of the equipment when connected to earphones that limit the sound to individual listeners or the use of a communication device by an employee of the owner or operator of the municipal transit vehicle or municipal transit station;

(d) Spits or expectorates;

(e) Carries any flammable liquid, explosive, acid, or other article or material likely to cause harm to others except that nothing herein prevents a person from carrying a cigarette, cigar, or pipe lighter or carrying a firearm or ammunition in a way that is not otherwise prohibited by law;

(f) Intentionally obstructs or impedes the flow of municipal transit vehicles or passenger traffic, hinders or prevents access to municipal transit vehicles or stations, or otherwise unlawfully interferes with the provision or use of public transportation services;

(g) Intentionally disturbs others by engaging in loud, raucous, unruly, harmful, or harassing behavior; or

(h) Destroys, defaces, or otherwise damages property of a municipality as defined in RCW[/b] 35.58.272 or a regional transit authority authorized by chapter 81.112 RCW[/b] employed in the provision or use of public transportation services.

(2) For the purposes of this section, "municipal transit station" means all facilities, structures, lands, interest in lands, air rights over lands, and rights-of-way of all kinds that are owned, leased, held, or used by a municipality as defined in RCW[/b] 35.58.272, or a regional transit authority authorized by chapter 81.112 RCW[/b] for the purpose of providing public transportation services, including, but not limited to, park and ride lots, transit centers and tunnels, and bus shelters.

(3) Unlawful bus conduct is a misdemeanor.

sudden valley gunner

imported post

Boo Boo wrote:
(e) Carries any flammable liquid, explosive, acid, or other article or material likely to cause harm to others except that nothing herein prevents a person from carrying a cigarette, cigar, or pipe lighter or carrying a firearm or ammunition in a way that is not otherwise prohibited by law;

Yep so it looks like WTA needs to change the wording on their rules. I didn't get to ride the bus they are not running today. Oh Well, It looks like it is going to be Monday. And I missed the TEA Party too. I did get a good long walk out of it though.