• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Today's the day to OC

demnogis

imported post

I just want to say Happy 4th of July to everyone! I would like to encourage everyone to carry today. UOC where it is legal to do so, LOC where it is legal to do so, CC if you've got your permit, and if you're in a prohibited area wear your empty holster in support! I will be too.

Enjoy the fireworks, have an awesome BBQ and carry on!

guitrman1001

imported post

I had a wonderful experiance UOC today.. Went to Target first to get some stuff for my Ipod no problems.... Then to Starbucks for a lemonade... Went to Verizon for a plastic cover and salesman says

"Wonderful day you working today?"
No I say just out shopping before the fireworks.
He says... With a firearm?
I said yes... It is ok in CA with a few rules would you like a pamphlet? You should goto Opencarry.org and read up.

He said no... His boss was next to him... I am sure he would have liked to take one.
Is said is it just ok on July 4th?
I laugh and said no everyday! It was funny.

Then I thanked them and left to Stater Bros to get some ribs did all my shopping no problem. Did hear behind me at the meat counter.... Did you see it? Did you see it?

Home safe...... Have a wonderful safe day you"all!

Guit

SomeGuyInCali

imported post

demnogis wrote:
...and if you're in a prohibited area wear your empty holster in support! I will be too.

I do this all the time! haha. People stare at an empty holster more than they do my XD. :shock:

pullnshoot25

imported post

SomeGuyInCali wrote:
demnogis wrote:
...and if you're in a prohibited area wear your empty holster in support! I will be too.

I do this all the time! haha. People stare at an empty holster more than they do my XD. :shock:
I never get that many stares. However, my holster is flat and leather where most of the holsters on this site stick out and are kydex.

To up the ante, I wear my bullet proof vest :)

ConsideringOC

imported post

"I never get that many stares. However, my holster is flat and leather where most of the holsters on this site stick out and are kydex.

To up the ante, I wear my bullet proof vest :) "

I have to ask... Why is it that you feel the need to wear a vest? Are you that affraid to be out amongst the people? Are you affraid that someone will walk up, disarm you and shoot you with your own gun? Does it help fufill a fantasy of being a LEO?

That is just over the top. I try not to be negative ....but really? A bullet proof vest?

bigtoe416

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

If I were to wear a bulletproof vest around town it'd probably be for a few reasons, none of which are immediately practical.

1. Get used to doing things in the vest in case you ever actually have to use it in a SHTF situation
2. Acclimate yourself to the weight of it, possibly building muscles that you didn't think you needed to wear it
3. Weird-out the natives

I seriously doubt pullnshoot25 has any worry that he'll need the vest from anybody but the cops.

pullnshoot25

imported post

ConsideringOC wrote:
"I never get that many stares. However, my holster is flat and leather where most of the holsters on this site stick out and are kydex.

To up the ante, I wear my bullet proof vest :) "

I have to ask... Why is it that you feel the need to wear a vest? Are you that affraid to be out amongst the people? Are you affraid that someone will walk up, disarm you and shoot you with your own gun? Does it help fufill a fantasy of being a LEO?

That is just over the top. I try not to be negative ....but really? A bullet proof vest?

1) Well, I don't know about you, but I do have the innate (hehe, I said Nate) idea to preserve my own life. I often wear my vest to the shooting range (never know when someone is gonna line sweep), to some of my OC outings (getting shot is a bitch!) and to some other unarmed events (see below)
2) I am not afraid to be out amongst the people. The only people I really fear at this time in my life are police officers, as they are the greatest threat to my liberty and immediate physical safety.

3) WTF? Are you for real? If I feared that I would be a concealed carry advocate, which I am wholeheartedly not!

4) I could never be an agent of the state and be under orders to violate the rights of another American. If I wanted to act like a cop, I would carry a Glock or Sig and wear a uniform (not a crime, BTW) and fool a bunch of people. That is not my style.

Now, what a bulletproof vest DOES do for me is that it gets the attention of a wider variety of people. When Macadelic4 and I did the Students for Concealed Carry on Campus empty holster protest at our college, we got maybe 1-2 people to talk with us. On the last day, we both wore our bullet proof vests with a "Curious? Just ask me!" sign on the the front and back and got about 12-13 people in 3-4 hours to talk with us.

A vest works great. A holster at the waist needs some work. Both together is a KILLER COMBO! The vest works great in areas where guns (either handguns or both handguns and long guns) aren't allowed. The same goes for my tomahawk, sheath knife, long rifle or any other weapon/tool I stuff into my belt or sling onto my shoulder... IT IS AN ICEBREAKER FOR PEOPLE AND IT GETS THEM TALKING ABOUT THE SUBJECT!

Like bringing a puppy to a bar... you're gonna get phone numbers.

I also say that it is YOU that is over the top, not I.

Check my blog for more info

http://caopencarry.blogspot.com

CARRY ON!

-N8

spoonsslick

imported post

just wanted to say hi. new to this forum. i was readingguitrman1001
post about his 4th of july day, very interesting. i would love to try to open carry someday. gotta do some research before that! lol... and alot of reading posts on this forum. hope everyone had a fun and safe 4th!

CA_Libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

spoonsslick wrote:
just wanted to say hi. new to this forum. i was readingguitrman1001
post about his 4th of july day, very interesting. i would love to try to open carry someday. gotta do some research before that! lol... and alot of reading posts on this forum. hope everyone had a fun and safe 4th!
What part of the state are you in? I've found the best way to learn is to read AND discuss. Get together with some people and ask questions to make sure you got your ducks in a row before you start carrying.