• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Spokane Open Carry Lunch

shad0wfax

imported post

EDIT: Spokane Open-Carry Lunch on Saturday July 18th at noon.

The Onion. Downtown: 302 W Riverside Ave

So I was at the July 4th Tea-Party at Plantes Ferry Park in Spokane Valley today (OC of course) and ran into a few folks from these forums there and met some new folks who enjoy their rights and are interested in open-carry. I was wearing a grey anti-Washington DC T-shirt with the 10th amendment on the back and carrying my H&K USP Tactical, so that should help put the face to the handle here on the forums.

We figured it's time for another OC event here in Spokane sometime this month. We've done OC events at The Onion and Cyrus O'Leary's in the past and had positive (or at least non-negative) experience with them.

Jeff Hayes

imported post

shad0wfax

It was great meeting you and your dad today, I was glad to see you and the others carrying today at the Tea Party. I had a lot of people comment on how cool it was to see someone exercising thier rights and 1 comment "could the open carry people come to every event because he felt a lot safer". All total I counted 6 peopleOC and 1 with an empty holster.

I am up for lunch onthe 18th but my daughter is getting married on the 25th so no go.

Orphan

shad0wfax

imported post

It was great seeing you there as well, Orphan. I also met the gentleman who said that he felt safer having us there open-carrying. I spotted several people concealed-carrying, but only got to talk to a few of them about open-carry before they went separate ways.

I just remembered I also have a prior engagement covering the entire weekend of the 25th so it will have to be the 18th. (I suppose August 1st would be alright too, if the 18th is not enough notice.) I'll change my original post to reflect that.

o2ryan

imported post

Shad0wfax,

I also met you and your father at the tea party and I appreciate you posting this as it was a topic of conversation between us. I would be available the 18th and we are fans of the Onion. I might also suggest Wingers out here in the Valley.

Again, I enjoyed meeting you and your dad and hope to meet more forum members soon.

Ryan

fetch

imported post

I missed the TEA party. It is good to see some activity in Spokane concerning OC. July 18th is good for me.

shad0wfax

imported post

So far that's five people for July 18th around noon. I'll edit the original post to reflect that. Let's get some more folks interested!

Jeff Hayes

imported post

Bump

Flaming Joes on Division was also talked about at the anti Envision Spokane rally yesterday.

Orphan

fetch

imported post

Bump to the top to see if we can get more people.
OC lunch, Onion (downtown) July 18, 1200. Also the Lewis-Clark Traders gun show is this weekend at the fairgrounds.

shad0wfax

imported post

Keeping this up-top since it's just a little over a day away.

Spokane Open Carry Lunch at The Onion in downtown Spokane at noon on 18 July 2009.

fetch

imported post

Has anyone contacted the Onion about reserving a table? We could have around 10 people. With the wheelchair games in town they could be very busy.

Jeff Hayes

imported post

fetch wrote:
Has anyone contacted the Onion about reserving a table? We could have around 10 people. With the wheelchair games in town they could be very busy.

How about the Onion on Division, just to get away from the special event activitys.

Orphan

tacmedic911

imported post

Reservation made at the downtown onion for noon, I made it for 15 just in case. The reservation is under open carry crew.

I think the events downtown are more of a reason to do it downtown, disabled veterans of our armed forces, what a better way for us to show respect and gratitude for their sacrifices.