• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Sotomayor: latinas, guns, and werewolves!

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

[/i]Examiner.com: DC Gun Rights Examiner Mike Stollenwerk urges Sotomayor oponents to forget about latinas and white firemen and focus on what may be a silver bullet - "Sotomayor’s joining of the Sanchez-Villar opinion’s preemptive ambush on the Second amendment as a smoking gun example of her stealth activism against gun rights."

Please CLICK, DIGG, and REDDIT and republish this linkon blogs:http://www.examiner.com/x-2782-DC-Gun-Rights-Examiner~y2009m7d5-Sotomayor--latinas-guns-and-werewolves

R a Z o R

Banned
imported post

Mike wrote:
[/i]Examiner.com: DC Gun Rights Examiner Mike Stollenwerk urges Sotomayor oponents to forget about latinas and white firemen and focus on what may be a silver bullet - "Sotomayor’s joining of the Sanchez-Villar opinion’s preemptive ambush on the Second amendment as a smoking gun example of her stealth activism against gun rights."

Please CLICK, DIGG, and REDDIT and republish this linkon blogs:http://www.examiner.com/x-2782-DC-Gun-Rights-Examiner~y2009m7d5-Sotomayor--latinas-guns-and-werewolves

Let's shoot three arrows with silver tips at least .

1.] Sheis a latina that is wiser than white men bigot

2.] She is an activist judge racist

3.] She is an anti Second Amendment ignorant or apathetic criminal

sudden valley gunner

imported post

Its not hard to figure out if its an individual right or not. Look at all the quote on arms by those who wrote the 2nd ammendment it was obvious it is an individual right. These people are refusing to acknowledge the oaths they took to uphold our individual rights.

N00blet45

imported post

If you completely disregard all the texts in which the founders describe the reason for 2nd amendment in great detail then you must use a literal understanding. In that case you'd still have to read the 2nd to guarantee an individual right. A militia is a group of citizens called to arms, expected to bring their own weapons to the fight. If the government called up citizens and handed out rifles it'd be a conscripted army and not a militia.

As well the phrase "the people" is understood to confer an individual right everywhere else it appears in the Bill of Rights. Why would it have a different meaning only when applied to the 2nd amendment?

Their arguments hold no water. You'd think that Supreme Court justices would be more logic driven.

KS_to_CA

imported post

N00blet45 wrote:
You'd think that Supreme Court justices would be more logic driven.
Well, if you have a dominant party running the show beholden to it's leader, they would probably swallow hook, line and sinker.

The late Pres. Quezon of the Philippines once said, "My loyalty to my party ends where my loyalty to my country begins."

I have not heard anyone say that of late.