• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Uwharrie National Forest

Myrighttocarry

imported post

I'll hopefully be getting my new glock 30 in a week or so here, and was wondering if anyone was interested in going to the range? flintlock valley shooting range in Uwharrie National forest.I also own to ak-47's and will be bringing them out there as well for some fun. If anyone of any age,race,color or creed wants to come out there and join me let me know. It's kind of out there so I understand if nobody wants to make the trip, but if anyones interested i'd like to get a few people to go, with a diverse collection of guns hopefully. And of course i'll let you shoot my guns while we discuss OCing and CCing.

Kivuli

imported post

I'm down. I keep meaning to go to Uwharrie to blast off all this excess birdshot I've got lying around.

Myrighttocarry

imported post

Sounds good, what kind of shotgun do you got?, I've got some extra birdshot from my old pistol grip which i traded towards the glock, I also have some express shot... which has quite a bang. If you have anything you want to bring in 45, i'll have plenty on hand... a few boxes of cheap(er)(cause even the cheap .45 ammo isn't cheap any more.)ammo, and some federal hydra shok to put into something. I may pick up a glock 22 as well but i'm probably going to just keepsaving for the kimber...

Racer X

imported post

I wouldn't mind stopping by for a little while if I'm off work. I've got an old 410 bolt action that belonged to my grandfather...probably hasn't been shot in 30 years.

Kivuli

imported post

It's a Maverick 88 mossberg model. With some bells and whistles added. Also have a Romy AK of my own to bring and a USP .45. Plenty of fun times to be had by all. Just need to set up a day and time.

Myrighttocarry

imported post

Sometime in the near future, i'm going to start grabbing some 7.62 ammo tomorrow and i have a couple boxes of .45 already. I honestly like to go on weekdays later in the day so there will be no one around(ak-47s scare people)... but i'd be willing to change my routine to accomadate anyone that would like to come. just let me know what would be good with you guys, and i will try to alter the schedule to accomdate the majority.

Also people tend to leave when i pull out two ak-47s, don't ask me why. If they stayed and they were in a lane to the right of me it would be raining down hot shells on them, my vector arms ak launches the empty shells at least 10 feet.

And the only thing holding me up is actually getting my purchase permit for my glock 30, which has to be to me by the 14th.

Uwharries shooting range is quiet, down a pretty long rock road... so you fella's wouldn't want to drive anything too toonice. preferably something with a little ground clearance cause it gets bumpy and rocky. A rifle range of maybe 200-50 yards is on the left, and a pistol range of 50 yards is on the right. directly behind is the parking lot. It's a great hole in the wall outdoor range. You have to buy a pass at a gas station thats not but a mile before you get there, it's 3$. If your planning on going and your a first timer i'll give you some tips that will save you some gas because it's out in the country and you could get lost and end up in egypt real quick.

Racer X

imported post

I actually have days off in the middle of the week although they alternate from one week to the next. I wouldn't mind going out on a weekday evening if it's a scheduled day off for me. I don't personally own anything "interesting" to shoot, but I might be able to round up a few things from the family.

Kivuli

imported post

Weekday evenings are also just fine for me. I know where the forest is, but not the range entrance. So might be best to meet at said gas station on whichever day we decide to do it.

.40 Cal

State Researcher
imported post

Can I come??? I already packed...
ofui5z.jpg

Myrighttocarry

imported post

I think there might be room for you .40 cal... nice collection. I'm glad to see a fellow ak lover... You got to lovethose wood stocks, and the underfolders, and the draganov, and AR, and those 1911's... whewmaybe one day my collection will be as prestigious. That permit should be here by the end of the week, then i'm going to get about a ben's worth more of ammo. so hopefully within the next two weeks we can set up a day to get everyone together...

I almost feel like buying another gun so I can compete in quanity... ha. I've been thinking about a sig p229, or an H&K USP if anyone wants to chime in about that, or now that i see those shiney 1911's i might consider a kimber cdp ii, or a springfield 1911 Loaded.

Myrighttocarry

imported post

Alright I recieved my purchase permit finally, what a wait, and picked up my new glock 30sf, fits like a glove, so lets get some ideas on times and days. I say if no one has a problem with it shoot for around 6in the afternoon(cools down around then and still have 3 hours of light and you're aloud to shoot an hour, or early in the morning on a weekday, or if we need to schedule something earlier in the afternoon around 1-4 you have decent shade under the shelter if i remember correctly.

everyone chime in and hopefully we can set up something for next week.

Myrighttocarry

imported post

Mountain Market HWY 109 at River Rd. , Now it's right at the intersection can't miss it, older looking gas station, if i recall correctly they have the old style gas pumps, they sell live bait etc. etc. with country gas stations.

You guys coming from the other direction may pass the entrance and another place that sells passes, but if you're coming from charlotte down river rd. this will be you only stop for passes before you get to the entrance, which looks like every other national park entrance, its pretty big. brown and green i think.

You guys coming from other areas may take the same way, i'm not sure exactly which areas everyone is from. so if need be go to google maps and type in Flintlock Valley Shooting Range and i'm pretty sure it will give you directions... this is what it gave me.

Uwharrie National ForestFlintlock Valley Shooting RangeLocated off Forest Road 576 (Moccasin Creek Rd.)Two shelters with shooting benches100 yard rifle range & 50 yards pistol rangeThe range is open seven days a week. Range hours are one half hour after sunrise until one half hour before sunset.fees: $3.00 PER DAY$30.00 PER YEARPass will be sold at:Eldorado Outpost HWY 109 between Hunt Camp entrance and Mullinix Rd.Mountain Market HWY 109 at River RdPlease call The Ranger's Office with any questions at 910-576-6391 http://www.uwharrieinfo.us/
I think I mistated the hours earlier, I guess I read them wrong when I was at the range last... this does make more sense... since there is camping nearby i'm sure they wouldn't want to start the gunfire too early, or have it go too late.